Wednesday, July 19, 2017

green bananas!


Nothing like celebrating St. Patrick's Day in July
to bring out the green in a Savannah Banana!
I know, I know:
this was not March 17.
It wasn't even July 17th, which is
when this game was originally scheduled.
However, the rains came that day,
changing it to this day.
Got it?

Mister Willie got it alright!
Not that he was wearing green, mind.
He wasn't even wearing the right sport -
his shirt was for the NY Giants!
But Rosalind had given him a NY Mets hat
from her vacation back home.
Very nice that it matched his shirt!

Guess who else was in the house?
The Povie men!
Yes, indeed, Doug and Samuel
were out on the town,
moving from seat to seat until
they finally found the ones
that were just right.

As for the rains...
well, let me just say that
as sure as you'll have Irish music
for the spring holiday,
you'll have precipitation in July.
Fortunately, it was just
heavy misting at the stadium,
so the game never even slowed down,
much to the chagrin of the Blowfish.

What am I meaning by that remark?
Well, look at what we have here:
the bases are full of Bananas yet again.
Then, into the batter's box
steps my man, Christian Hollie.

He takes a mighty swing...
and far over the heads of the visitors
the ball arced,
allowing all three of the Bananas
on base to slip over to home plate.
Woohoo!
You can even see Hollie heading to third!

Just a minute later -
literally -
Hollie himself had come home,
thanks to a swat by LJ Talley!
Notice that Hollie has bent
to retrieve the bat...
such a nice guy!

When the game ended at 10 PM,
the Bananas had shut out the Blowfish,
scoring ten runs to their zero.
Sorry, Charlie -
better luck next time!

At game's end, Rosalind came up
to Willie's seat to help him down the stairs.
He very much looks forward to that part.
I rather think she does, too.
As for me, I enjoy getting him safely home.
I know Gloria appreciates that, too.
So does Willie.
He has made sure that I was given tickets
for the games tomorrow and Saturday,
to make sure we can both watch baseball together.
I love that.
I do love that so.

i thank You, God, for these shared times with those i love.

No comments: