Friday, July 7, 2017

safe at first base!


subtitle: This is my Fight Song.

Why?

That's the first song I heard after my so-called 'owner update'.
Diamond Resorts calls their sales pitches by that harmless moniker to lure you in.
No problem.
I had been promised $150 for 55 minutes of my vacation time and the timer on my phone was engaged.
Ron Johnson led me to a private room - smart man. They must have clued him in that I was "difficult" and they didn't want me to drive off other potential suckers - I mean, 'vacation ownership' buyers.
You have to understand the sales-speak, y'all.
Ron cut the line after twenty minutes and went to bait another hook, sending in Chris Kuhl to try his skills.
Notice, I said 'skills' and not 'skillz'.
He was a total failure, attempting to use the strong-arm tactics of Bill England, sales scum boss.
Can you believe he even tried to use God as a reason for me to buy?
What a creepazoid.

After collecting my monetary bounty, I sailed on out of there.
The entire thing had taken only 45 minutes.
(smile)
And the first music that greeted me was Rachel Platten's "Fight Song" -
i thank You, God!
Like JinHi, I've "still got a lot of fight left in me"!
Hallelujah!

The first thing I did was spread that tainted money around.
Off I went to the Museum of Arts and Sciences! I haven't been there for two years, since my first niece and I were in Daytona together for a Valentine's Day vacation.
After renewing my membership - thanks, DRI! - I explored the Root Family Museum for the next two hours.
What was there, you ask?

Experimental racecars!

Coca-Cola history and artifacts!

A burlesque bear!

The quarter-million-dollar bear!

The sales kit issued to those selling
Coca-Cola machines
to reluctant buyers!
(smile)

Sales pitches for radio broadcast,
to market the carbonated beverage to the public!
(I shared that with my ex, of course!
He very much enjoyed the blast from the past!)

A metric conversion tool from 1974,
issued by Coca-Cola to help the
people of the United States
learn the new measurements
used by the rest of the world!
(That was before Ronald Reagan became President
and the USA took its twenty-year jump backward.)

Beautiful quilts
of so many different
intricate patterns!

The Root Family's private train car,
the Silver Holly,
with its four bedrooms
and all the comforts of home!
(After watching "TBBT" for
these many years,
I've renewed my fondness for trains.)

Fancy dinnerware for the trains!
This one, with its sweet message to
"sleep like a kitten"
went straight to the bfe, of course!
Sweet dreams!

There was even a display of the drawings used
for the patent on the design of
the classic bottle used by Coca-Cola!
Why was the glass green?
The Root family owned a silica company and
all of their glasswares had that Christmas green hue.
And now you know the rest of the story,
as Paul Harvey used to say.
(smile)


Then it was off to the first of the two shows I wanted to see in the Planetarium!
The first was "Phantom of the Universe: The Hunt For Dark Matter". Amazingly, it was not an operatic ghost story, nor did it involve tales about objects of a black hue.
Nope!
(smile)
I wish the physicist - or my 'boys of physics' had been there for this one!
The 2 PM show was live, with our host, astronomer Jason, telling us about "The Sky Tonight". I'll definitely look for Saturn, Scorpio, Jupiter, and Leo later tonight!
Best of all, though, was the conversation he and I had after the show.
You see, I had forgotten how very special Earth is.
Notice that little box in the center third of the above picture?
That's the position of our solar system, in the 25,000-member star system that surrounds it, near the end of the spiral arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, which contains at least 100 billion stars which we cannot see.
The Milky Way is so vast that it's just a gigantic band, a blur of whiteness, visible in our night sky.
Moreover, the stars we see at night? All of those constellations and planets?
Those are for our eyes only.
Those stars, and us, cannot even be viewed elsewhere in the galaxy we call home.
Truly makes me feel blessed!
i thank You, God!

Afterward, I was definitely wanting some lunch. Off to Publix I went!
There, I found a "Hello Kitty" dish full of sashimi waiting for me - yum!
Also, some vegetable sushi, Mount Rainier cherries, and milk, too!
Thanks, DRI!

Then to the Regal Cinema there in Ormond Beach!
Say what?
Hear me out - this was definitely planned!
The rewards program has two specials going on, one from Sony and one from Disney.
Here's the catch: not all of the cinemas in the chain get all of the movies in the promotions.
Well, I saw "Cars 3" this evening - thanks DRI! - and that granted me the 1000-point bonus for the Disney movie bunch. (I had seen "POTC: DMTNT" already and "GOTC:V2" was already gone from the Regals in Florida.)
Woohoo!
I saw "Despicable M3" before "Cars 3" - thanks DRI! - so that bumped me up for my lack of SKFF movies this week.
I also had the large popcorn and soda - thanks DRI! - to serve as dinner for my triple-header.
(smile)
And how will I complete this lovely day?
By watching "Spider-Man: Homecoming" - thanks DRI! - on its opening day.
What day, you ask?
07-07-2017.
Pretty nice, right?
That gets me a special bonus of three free comics about the Marvel hero!
Plus, it counts toward my Sony promotions and grants me another 1000 points.
Such a lovely day...
and it only cost me 45 minutes of my time this morning...
and I still have another $75 to spend later...
thanks DRI!

And many thanks to You, God, for this lovely day!

No comments: