Monday, July 31, 2017

painted lady and jim croce, too


Hey, Dood!

Guess what I did this weekend?


I sent an entire hour feeding butterflies! Savannah Mall had their annual Butterfly Exhibit during this month of July and I finally made it there on Saturday. I think my $4 admission was only supposed to be for 15 minutes, but they weren't that busy in the early afternoon, so no one shoo'ed me out. I was there from 1:45 to 2:45! Such an amazing way to spend an hour!


Yesterday, I went with the "Born in the 50's and 60's" group to the Savannah Prohibition Museum. You say you never heard of it? Well, that's because it only opened two weeks ago! Let me tell you, it is absolutely FILLED with memorabilia from the early 1920's to the 1930's. I could have easily spent the whole afternoon there! I've included a photo of me with the lyrics Jim Croce wrote about a guy who drove a stockcar on race days... and ran moonshine the rest of the time. Just amazing!


Tonight, I have a Savannah Bananas baseball game with Mister Willie. Have I mentioned that he will be 79 the day after your birthday? Yep! He's a year younger than Mama would have been.
Still hard to believe Mama has been gone 16 years.


The grass has been growing like a crazy thing these days. Since we get rain almost every day, that means the grass is thriving... and that means the yard needs to be mowed almost once a week. Well, at least the front yard. The back yard sometimes has to wait for three weeks. :-)


Yesterday and today have been fairly cool for this time of year. That's thanks to a lovely breeze to keep us lawn-mowers from burning slap up, I think. Even so, I wait until 7 o'clock or later to do that outside task. As they say, only mad dogs and English men go out in the noonday sun!


I've attached a few photos. One is me with a Painted Lady, another with a Black Swallowtail, and one with a Monarch.
Hope all is well with you!
with much love,
your one-and-only, ever-lovin'' sister


And guess what I learned on Saturday?
Butterflies mate the same way mammals do - by coupling together!!!
The first photo was taken at 2:08 pm.
The one above, with the two separate again, was taken at 2:38 pm.
Very nice!
Maybe I can be that lucky someday soon!
After all, as I told Sue in Canada, it's been six years since I had a boyfriend for a little afternoon delight...
(smile)
(Naw, this last paragraph, and the photos of the mating Monarchs, were not included in my missive to Tony.
No need in getting anyone excited, ya know.)
I do count myself fortunate to have witnessed nature at work.
Very nice!

i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

The sandals may be long gone...
but I still have, and wear, that dress!!!
Yep, even though it doesn't have pockets!
(smile!)