Tuesday, July 4, 2017

splish splash!


Many thanks to my first niece and her man for a fabulous fourth of July!

This is only ONE of the many meats cooked on the grill!
I had one of the upper ribs -
the bottom ones would light you up!
Very pretty - but deadly! LOL!
Other grilled foods I had:
hotdogs, pork chops, a perfect chicken leg,
and a packet of low country boil
with plenty of shrimp and sausage -
oh, my, what a feast of meat!
Steak and hamburgers were available, too.
Rawwwrrrr! So very good!

Plus, my first niece had made mac'n'cheese, using lactose-free milk! Lots of natural cheddar! I ate an absolutely ridiculous amount of it!
Her mom supplied baked beans with little chunks of bacon on each serving - good stuff!
Christian's mom gave us real German potato salad - but, of course! She's a real German!
(smile!)
Each of them also made a dessert, too!
Peanut butter pie (again, lactose-free!), brownies, and red-white-and-blue topped cheesecake, from Christina, Melinda, and Karen, respectively. Yum!!!

I was there for the food, sure...
but mostly for the people!

This cutie pie,
Leila,
had one question
included with her greeting smile:
"Are you getting in the pool?"
Of course I was!
Why would I have resisted
such an invitation?

Her daddy, Michael,
was in the pool, too.
He's my real nephew,
you know.
(smile)

Leila was not the only great-niece I had the pleasure
of playing with in the pool -
oh, no!
Where she is, her sister is sure to be!
Alyssa was playing inside after the meal,
but was out getting sun with us beforehand
and for the one-hour-later swimfest!
So much fun in the sun!

Who is that man in the goggles?
The pool man and grill maestro,
Christian Grunow!
His son was there, too!

So was his mom, Karen,
and his dad, Ray!
That woman to the right,
treating the couch like
a chaise lounge?
That's my outlaw Melinda!
(smile)

And here we have my first niece,
Christina, and her stepdad, Matt.
Thanks, Melinda, for the gifts of
my niece and nephew!
Thanks, Michael, for my darling great-nieces!
Thanks, Christina and Christian,
for a most memorable 4th of July!
i thank You, God, for this glorious day!

No comments: