Friday, July 21, 2017

i'm back, back at the lucas again!


I just know Steven Tyler would be okay about me riffing on his song - of course he would! Aerosmith seems perfect for this happy, musical occasion!
You see, for the first time since early May, I've been back on the volunteer usher list at that beloved venue.
Hallelujah!
I have so missed being amidst its beauty!
I have so missed seeing and working with Cindy Goldberg and Carolyn Magee and Pat Dickinson! I enjoyed meeting Judith and Steve tonight, too.
But what I've really missed is being part of something larger than myself...
know what I mean?
How appropriate that on this reunion with the Lucas that I was working for a musical event with children!
This was the End of Camp Concert for those in the Savannah Childrens' Choir - and it was joyous!

The sea of red-shirted youth, ranging in age from itty-bitty to probably high school, sang so enthusiastically!
And, oh, you should have seen them dancing for "Mary Had A Little Blues" and "Let Me Fly"!
The Russian song, "Dozhd", sounded like a summer storm... which is exactly what was intended!

After all, 'dozhd' means 'rain',
don't ya know.
(smile)
But "Imbakwa" was definitely
one of my favorites,
with the dancing lights
to punctuate the Swahili tune.
Of course, "Happy" was
very good, too, as was
the final tune,
"Feel The World Dancing" -
yes, yes, I do!


"I get the
most joy
in my life
out of
MUSIC!
"

Excellent philosophy!
What a perfect t-shirt for music camp!
Now, how can I get one???

i thank You, God, for music!

No comments: