Saturday, July 1, 2017

clean hair



Notice anything different?
Doesn't my hair look fluffier - frizzier - than it has been of late?
That's because last night it was washed.
For almost seven months, it has not been, as you may recall.
Why now?
Well, on Thursday, my hair was drenched with rain running off a canopy at David's burial.
That rain was his last bit of fun to urge us to stay close to each other.
(smile)
I probably would have washed my hair that night, had it still been wet when I finally went home.

But I had not gone straight home.
I had visited Mama to place the three rocks I had brought as souvenirs from North Carolina.
I also finally gave her the new pinwheel -
and she loved it!
Christina and Chelsea were with me.
Then we visited Jean Marie
(but her headstone is not yet up).
Afterward, we joined the Johnson family at the luncheon.

It was after 3 PM when I returned home.
My hair was already almost dry by that time, so I left it alone.

Yesterday morning, I went to visit Sam.
After weeding around his tombstone,
I gathered up lovely Spanish moss
and draped it around the grave.
The black bag in my car was full of discarded
flowers and deflated balloons when I left.
I'm glad someone had brought him fresh posies
and a small wooden cross.
His grave really stands out quite nicely now.
Washing my hair didn't even register as a thought.

However, after last night's rain-out, washing my hair was needed.
I had been deluged several times by the rain running off the roof of the stadium - that had to be dirty, right?
So, after getting Willie home, with my hair and clothes soaked, I cut short my conversation with the bfe, shucked the wet clothing, and took a shower...
and washed my hair.
I was very gentle with it, taking care to avoid tangles.
This morning, it feels a bit lighter and is definitely bouncier.
Very nice!
Will I wash it again in the near future?
We'll have to wait and see.
(smile)

No comments: