Sunday, July 9, 2017

crossing third base!


subtitle: bye, bye, bye!


After a nice stroll on the beach with me, Smitty collected Mary and they were off to home again.
Bye, brother mine!

Glad you liked that banana nut muffin - thanks, DRI!
After watching the musical episode of "That 70's Show", I jetted over to the Regal to catch one more movie I needed: "Baby Driver".
Catch it I did!
Then I said bye to that Regal - all done!

Afterward, I was off to MOAS for one last show in the Planetarium. This was another live show, this time hosted by astrophysicist student Rob. "Flight Through The Universe" featured close-ups of Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Very informative!
Thanks, Rob, and bye to y'all!


Next up? More baseball, of course!
With the cost of admission - thanks, DRI! - I also received a free T-shirt honoring Tortuga #23, player made good, now in the Cincinnati Reds. I had made sure to arrive early so I would be one of the first 500 fans!
This time, these beach boys of summer were taking on the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
Great name for the visitors, isn't it?
I think Shelldon, the Tortuga mascot, would agree with me. Here he is, drumming up support for the boys.
(Get the pun? LOL!)
My cheering and Shelldon's drumming did not help, though - the game ended with the Tigers ahead, 7-3.
I hadn't stayed until the end, though.
During the 7th inning stretch, I left. Big rain was coming and that point in the game marked where I had gained entry before.
Bye, Jackie Robinson!

And guess what? Due to a detour, I ended up on Halifax Avenue, which was a blessing. Few traffic lights, no stop signs, and a straight shot back to Granada and the The Cove.
Wow.
My guess is this is a local secret to allow folks to travel quickly without tourist traffic.
Sah-weet.
I've said for years that Daytona is my home away from home...
guess this makes that official.
Bye, my second home.
See you again soon!

No comments: