Tuesday, July 18, 2017

tuesday with Kevin, at last!


There it was, gleaming in the parking lot.
Of course I stopped to pick it up!
Kevin knew exactly why I had paused...
to scoop up a bit of copper.
He's been with me enough to know
that I never pass up collecting
these messages from Mama -
or other loved ones -
no longer here.
Right place, right time!
That was certainly true!
Here I was, seeing a movie with Kevin,
after dining at El Potro, trying
yet another new dish: Texas Rice.
The movie was of his choosing:
"The War For The Planet Of The Apes".
It was a bit brutal, as I was not expecting to see such slaughter of animals, especially after my magical day with a dolphin.

Good thing he was there to keep me straight.
I had no idea we were watching a prequel to the old movie.
Afterward, when he had returned me to my car, he got out of his truck to give me a proper hug.
Then I got another!
And even one more!
(smile)
I must say, I've been on a roll with multiple hugs ever since July 8th.
That's when Mary and Smitty came to Ormond Beach and gave me several hugs!
The next day, as they were leaving, I got hugged again!
Very nice!
On the 10th, I had my magical dolphin encounter - yes, I am counting that, thankyouverymuch - and then a big hug from the bfe when I returned home.
Hooray!
Tuesday was even better! It began at lunch with my first niece - she gave me baby crepe myrtle trees, too. (Now, where to put them???) Then, I had many hugs from mi amigas and their friends - bonus!
Wednesday brought me hugs from Smitty at his shop and from Berry at the Bananas.
Nice!

Thursday, July 13th, was a lucky day for me.
I had gone to wash clothes and to see Nami for the
first time since her husband's death.
Not only did we exchange several hugs, but she
sent me home with these gorgeous orchids.
I made sure to strap them in
for the journey to my house.
Now, to not overwater the pretty things...
(smile)

Later that evening, I got hugs from the bfe,
as well as Erica and her daughter, Dawson!
I had recommended the Masquers' production of
Steve Martin's "The Underpants" to J-Dawg
when his usual card game fell through.
Hooray! I'm glad I went after mowing the front yard -
even though I was a bit "fragrant".
(smile)
Friday brought more hugs from the bfe, in preparation for my trip to north Georgia. He knew he'd still be sleeping when I left.

Saturday, after a fretful eight hours on the road,
I was met by the ex and Amy with hugs.
Then we dined on sweet macaroons and
cranberry-walnut bread at Honeymoon Bakery,
there in Rome, before they returned me
to the Hampton and the care of Corrie and Hillary,
who had gotten me safely past a detour.
Reminder to self: avoid I-285, period.
Reminder to self: Google Maps was wrong.

Sunday, July 16, I had five hours of dining
and talking with my youngest brother,
talking about the universe, the family,
the Discovery channel, my magical dolphin encounter,
Big Daddy Weave, babcia and druge Jeff,
the "Suppertime" song, Needtobreathe, and food.
And we had hugs before all of that,
and more hugs after it, too.

I'm hoping that is the last trip to
Summerville that I will be making.
That's why I went to Paradise Garden
on this visit...
but it was closed.
(smile)
Still, I did get to see Rev. Howard Finster's
vision of the Garden of Eden.
I'm glad he included this unicorn.

So, you would think I ended Sunday with welcoming hugs from the bfe...
well, I'm sure that would have happened had not the rains been so severe that I stayed the night in Forsyth.
That means those hugs were postponed until the next day, Monday...
yesterday.
Very nice!
Then there was today...
even nicer!
Tomorrow, I hope to get hugs from Mister Willie at the game, and maybe from Rosalind, too.
I am so blessed...
i thank You, God!

No comments: