Saturday, July 30, 2022

blue danube!

I would never have guessed that I'd be hearing about "The Blue Danube" twice in one day...
but I did!
Guess I was in the right place at the right time!
And it was all because of "Footloose".
I had missed watching it Thursday night at AARP MFG, as I was on a phone call with Paul.
I had already cued up the movie on the 'puter when he texted.
"Afternoon. Chat later catchup?"
My response was, "You must have received my telepath!"
Every time I see the Golden Gate Bridge, I think of Paul and Cathy.
(smile!)
Anywho, I missed "Footloose" and had planned to watch it this morning with breakfast.
That's when I found it had not been held over for later viewing.
Phooey.
That's when it occurred to me that I had several PFS movies not yet seen!
In the mod for science fiction with a bit of humor, I found the movie list and settled on "Freaked".
That turned out to be a good choice!
It was like some crazy X-Files episode, like "Bad Blood" with Luke Wilson, or "The Post-Modern Prometheus" with Cher's music.
"Freaked" was written and directed by Alex Winter, who also starred in it.
Not recognizing the name?
He's 'Ted', of "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"!
Pretty cool, right?
The 1993 farce also featured Randy Quaid as a carnival owner who not only featured 'monster people' in his shows... he also created them!
Bwah ha ha ha!
One of his lines about his creative process really stood out for me, as it mentioned one of my favorite actors.
He was telling 'Ricky' about how he visualizes the monsters from the people.
He said, "I see Kevin Costner as a giant peach slug that can fart 'The Blue Danube"."
That certainly got my attention and tickled my funny bone!
So did the Rastafarian, machine-gun toting, giant eyeballs that he had for security.
Those things could have been kin to Gru's Minions...
whose latest animated film features San Francisco and the aforementioned bridge...
which I had seen on Thursday prevening...
bringing thoughts of my California friends...
and causing me to miss the AARP movie and end up here.
Right place, right time.

This afternoon, I had thought to go to the cinema, but I opted for Chili's instead.
I still have several bday64 gift cards and that was the one selected.
Chips and salsa! Oh, yes!
But it gets even better, my dear!
They must have realized it was birthday fare for me and had something new:
Chili-Lime Carne Asada!
With Mexican rice and black beans!
I even treated myself to lemonade!
And it was all for less than $13!!!
The broccoli gave me some fresh veggies, and a nice splash of color.
I had so much there, that I took half the meal for dinner, and half the chips for my next "po' girl ceviche" meal.
(smile!)

After my return home, I started looking for the evening's entertainment.
Should I watch one of my Tina Tuesday rewards from Comcast?
Should I see if the 'Up Faith & Family' channel was still free for me?
I opted for the latter choice, than scrolled through the "Comedy" listings.
"Groomzilla"!
That sounded promising!
No, the guy didn't physically turn into a monster, but he took total charge of the wedding planning, much to his would-be bride's dismay.
He even signed them up for dance classes and had selected the song to be their first dance.
Want three guesses which waltz classic it was?
Hahahaha!
How perfect to round out this day!
Right place, right time.

i thank You, God.

No comments: