Friday, July 29, 2022

georgia on my mind

And on my arm, too.

No, that isn't a tattoo.

Remember that bruise from my outing with Christina in Hinesville?

Yeah, that outing that Miyah crashed.

Not that it was the littlest girl's fault, of course.

She's starting kindergarten this school year and today was her first 'practice' day.

My first niece should have let me know at some time before I came that Miyah would be out at noon.

She really should have, and she could have, but she chose not to.

So she rushed me through our lunch at our favorite Mexican place in Hinesville.

I still would not have known my time with her would be curtailed had not the school texted her to make sure she was coming for Miyah.

That is when Christina finally told me of the change in plans.

As I told her, I made this time to be with her, and only her, so we could talk.

Sigh.

So, when we three went to the movie, I was quite aggravated about this situation.

I was especially aggravated because Miyah's meds were wearing off.

That's partly why I wouldn't let the girl sit with me in the chair at their house, and why I would not read the book to her.

Partly.

Mostly, I was mad at Christina and she was on the phone and ignoring me.

Sigh.

I almost had Christina drop me off at my car, but I didn't want to be more rude, so I went ahead and accompanied them to the cinema.

I even enjoyed the movie - hey, it was "Minions: The Rise Of Gru", so of course I did!

But I sat a set away from Christina, with Miyah two seats away from me.

Then, when the movie was over, I was distracted and fell.

Sigh.

And now I have Georgia on my left bicep...

ten days later, as a bad memory of what should have been a good time...

and my first niece no longer initiates our texts and rarely calls...

sigh...

for lack of her giving me a heads up before I came.

Sigh.

No comments: