Tuesday, July 26, 2022

how far would you go for a new frock?

I can assure you of one thing: I certainly would not go all the way to Paris!

I'm not talkin' 'bout Paris, Tennessee, either, where my outlaw Kathy lives.

No sir!

I'm talkin' 'bout Paris, France, all the way across the Atlantic Ocean!

But that's where the cleaning woman went, yes she did, to get a new dress for the upcoming dance at the Legion.

But first, I got to see the dog in the sky.

I might not have noticed him if two things had not been true.

First, the cloud had an amazing resemblance to the American bull terrier, i.e., pit bull, that I have been tending to for my brother.

Second, I happened to be out in my front yard this afternoon, waiting for the physicist to pick me up.

I guess there must be something special about our get-togethers, because I sure get blessed with some wonderful clouds!

Right place, right time!

So, he whisked me off to Pooler to see "Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris" - and he was the one who suggested it!

We had very much liked the preview we'd seen at our last Tina Tuesday outing at the end of May.

That had been for another period piece - he has a particular fondness for such films and tv shows.

The movie today was utterly charming and made of quite some substance, not being at all the bit of fluff it might have been - we both very much liked that!

Afterward, I introduced him to Slapfish and he had his first ever poke bowl!

Notice the shirt - that was a gift from me!!!

It's a physics shirt, with a munch of superimposed graphs to depict one of the theories of everything.

I didn't tell him, but I had it for years before I gave it to him earlier this year.

I had been concerned he wouldn't like it.

He told me it's one of his favorites, not just for the physics, but for how airy and light it is!

So, of course I had to treat him to a visit with Frosty.

Dane also wanted to meet him, naturally.

What a lovely Tina Tuesday this has been!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh, look, that's the physics shirt I gave him a year ago!
So glad he likes it so much!
https://hindsightvisionfromtheocean.blogspot.com/2021/11/lack-of-control-is-getting-old.html