Monday, July 25, 2022

proof of life, in the sun

This time, the photo of the dog was taken in the back yard, mid-afternoon.

I was there to make sure his bladder didn't burst.

Silly me!

I had to go out the door before he would.

He did go pee, but then he laid down to watch me.

Silly dog!

I sat right there on the porch, enjoying the nice breeze, and stayed there while I had a textversation with Dood.

I'm so glad my brother is having such a good vacation!

The Noah's Ark was all he had hoped it would be, living up to and surpassing the hype.

Hooray!!!

He never did travel much, but Laura is like me and is always ready for a new adventure!

And Dane?

He was ready to go back inside after about 15 minutes.

I made him stay out for a full half-hour.

(smile!)

I've always maintained that a dog or cat is like having a preschool child, and, having recently spent several days - and nights - in the company of two such children, I can aver that this dog's temperament is very much like theirs.

He has been so put out with me!

I won't let him sleep in the bed with me - oh, poor dog.

I won't even let him sleep in the same room with me - oh, poor dog.

I won't feed him from my plate - oh, poor dog.

Tonight, he was so perturbed that he refused to eat his food because I wouldn't give him any of my dinner.

Even after I went over to his bowl three times to show him the food and let him smell it, he just stared at me and pouted.

Seriously.

After three hours of this silent treatment, I fetched the oyster crackers.

Of course he wanted some... or so he thought... until he realized it wasn't meat or cheese... but, as I kept eating them, he relented and ate one.

After that, I threw one down for him for every one that I ate.

By the tenth cracker, he was ready for his food!

Hooray, I'd psyched him out!

Now, I'm going back to "iZombie".

I found it on Netflix and I've already watched the first two episodes.

That's a definite perk of pet-sitting!

And the star of the show?

Rose McIver, the innkeeper on "Ghosts".

Nice!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

A little sidebar about "iZOMBIE" - I had so enjoyed this series in the past!
I even blogged about it!

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2017/11/craving-brains-with-side-of-humor.html

Glad as I was to see it again, I'm not chagrined about not having it now.
It's really the first few episodes that I like best.
(smile!)