Friday, July 29, 2022

fiReWOrKs film festival!

And all for Tina Tuesdays!!!
 
"What you talkin' 'bout, g'friend?"
 
For the last five Tuesdays, Xfinity has gifted me a free movie, right?
Like an extension of the celebration of bday 64, right?
 
"Yeah, I seem to recall you going on about something like that."
 
Well, I had thought I had guessed the theme, but I was wrong.
That's okay, I've figured it out!
 
"All of them have the 4th of July in them?"
 
Well, that's the first guess I had, as the first two movies both had a part that took place on that special day.
Those movies were "Independence Day", the 1996 blockbuster with scenes of Las Vegas as it was,  and "The Sandlot", one of my favorite baseball movies ever!

But that was not it, as the third movie had naught about July 4th.
"The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water" was funnier than I remembered it being, with Antonio Banderas as a pirate reading a story to a flock of seagulls.

"The members of that 1980's band??? That you've seen twice???"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, no. (smile!) An actual flock of cartoon birds, that talked and danced and carried on.

"Seems you would have remembered all that."

Well, I had it confused with the movie filmed here. This later one was shot in Hawai'i. That's why I never saw anyone from Savannah in the background.

 
 "Okay. So, what was the theme?"
 
Fireworks!!! 
Each and every one of them had a pyrotechnic display at some point!
Pretty nifty, right?!
 
"Sure, especially for someone who loves fireworks like you do. What were the other two?"
 
The fourth was a Julia Roberts film, "My Best Friend's Wedding". There, sparklers were used as the happy couple vamoosed from the reception. Very nice!
Then came the last one... drum roll please!
 
"Okay... rat-a-tat-tat!"
 
Hahahaha! Very funny!
You should know this, as I already have written of it!
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off"!!!
Such a classic summertime movie!
And... it even had baseball in it!!!
A game at Wrigley Field, which I had driven past during my Mid-West Adventure to the Field of Dreams, as well as to points beyond - Detroit, Windsor, Luna Pier, Sandusky, Wapakoneta, and before heading back to Blanchester for the bfe.
What a trip that had been!

"Yeah, that had been a lot of fun, even with the missteps with your passport and your Garmin. Good thing the physicist wanted a post-summer visit with his folks!"
 
Yes, indeed!
How nice to have so many good memories when I time travel in movies!
And I'll be able to watch these over and over - thanks, Comcast!
(smile!)

No comments: