Tuesday, July 12, 2022

girls' trip, day 3: chocolate and kites


No trip to the beach first thing today, no sir ree!

Christina was bound and determined to go to Angell & Phelps... and maybe let the little ones see how chocolate was made, too!

The pandemic seems to have ended the hourly tours, but they have plenty of information posted for self-guided walks, so that's exactly what we did.

Miyah and Chloe were not interested in all that story-telling, nope, not one little bit.

They knew they got candy at the end of the tour and that's what they wanted!!!

(smile!

Christina let them pick out one item each, then she bought boxes of chocolates - one without sugar, and one with - to share with her man.

Then we popped back onto the Beach Street sidewalk for a stroll!

Miyah and Chloe were not interested in that, not unless it meant we'd be going into stores so they could 'buy' some toy or doodad.

We relented and took shelter from the heat in The Knotty Crab (it's a delightful pun, isn't it?), where we each bought a little something (pink starfish magnet for me, dolphin magnet for Chloe, flamingo keychain for Miyah, even a memento for C J).

Then, we all thanked the charming man there and re-entered the heat outside.

Hey, it's July, right?

(smile!)

We walked to the end of the next two blocks, past Cinematique, all the way to the Italian joint and the fine view of Jackie Robinson Ballpark... then we traipsed back to the van with the already-tired girls, letting them push the crosswalk buttons for us and teaching them how they worked.

Miyah and Chloe were not interested in that, they just wanted to go back to The Cove and get in the pool yet again.

Not yet!

Lunch at Olive Garden first!

That was a nice respite from the hottest part of the day - great suggestion, Christina!

Plus, it gave us a break from dining at the condo and it gave the girls leftovers for dinner.

I'm sure they would have been perfectly fine with eating cereal for dinner.

I'm not kidding!

They really love that Special K Brown Sugar Cinnamon, just like I do!

Or, possibly, because I do.

(smile!)

We finally made our way back to our 'vacation home' around 4 PM, then lounged around until 5 PM before hitting the beach one last time... to fly kites!!!

I put together Miyah's flamingo, which turned out to be in need of tail repair before it could fly.

Remember, these were just $1.38!

(smile!)

Christina assembled Chloe's unicorn and it was perfect!

My first niece took this photo, too, capturing not only me and the girls, but also their high-flying kites and the North Tower - excellent shot composition!

I just wish we had thought to put something on our 4th floor, right side, balcony to mark it as ours!

Anyway, did I mention that the girls were only interested in getting into the pool?

(smile!

I thought I had, maybe once... LOL!

They tolerated flying the kites, for their Mommie's sake, for about ten minutes before relinquishing them to me and her.

I ended up with the 'good' kite, which was totally appropriate, given my longstanding love of unicorns and other mythological creatures.

Actually, that was more a case of Chloe was tired of it and I was the closest person.

To which I say: right time, right place.

I think this will be my new fb profile pic, I really do.

Shadows are so cool.

(smile!)

No comments: