Thursday, July 28, 2022

proof of life: c'mon mom

Between following invisible trails and looking at me with sad eyes, his quiet demeanor speaks volumes.

The message is always the same.

When will Mom and Dad be home?

Before I left him at noon to bounce home for a bit, I reassured him that today was the day!

At 3 PM, I went to the screening of "Fast Times At Ridgemont High".

This year marks its 40th anniversary!

I had missed this one when it first came to cinemas in 1980, as I was in Okinawa.

Mostly, I saw it because my ex and his buddies would quote entire passages from it!

So, I went, and have a better image of Paul Thomas Anderson.

Then I bopped back over to Tony and Laura's.

Dane seemed reluctant to go outside, but, when I walked out to the back deck, he followed.

I could tell he really wasn't into it, though.

Not even his little buddies were out.

After a lackluster cruise of the yard, he did his business and I let him go back into the cool.

Then off I shot to my house, overnight bag in hand!

Today, I would have a rare double header at the cinema!

The Iconic Events classic had left me wanting more of that 70's vibe from my high school years and I knew just where to get my fix!

Back to the very same cinema, this time for "Minions: The Rise Of Gru"!

Back for more of that decades' fashions and music and hair!

Then back to check on the critters!

Frosty was already on the front porch, as was his can of dinner, as I'd placed it there this afternoon before going home that second time today.

Dane was at the door when I opened it, but I'm on to his game and didn't let him out to harass the kitteh.

No worries, his attention was fully on the can in my hand.

He knew his turn was next, and he was actually hungry.

That meant he knew Mom and Dad would soon be home!

He gobbled up his dinner like it would make time go faster!

He was still licking his lips while posing for this last photo, which I sent to Laura.

Then, for the third time today, I went home...

but, this time, I stayed, to sleep in my own bed.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Sure enough, Tony and Laura were home around 8 PM.
They had to wait for Dane to calm down before they could call to let me know, fifteen minutes later.
Nice!