Tuesday, July 26, 2022

proof of life, with coffee on the porch

"Please tell me you didn't give the dog a caffeinated beverage.
 
Of course I didn't! I don't even give me caffeine these days. That's decaf in that coffee mug.

"Oh, I see. You're having breakfast out on the front porch, much like you usually do on the balcony of whatever beach resort you're at for your holidays."
 
Exactly right! I was inspired to do so by something Laura had told me before they left. If you say "coffee on the porch" to the dog, he knows he's going to be out there for company. He was very happy about that!

"I'm sure he was. Anything that reminds him of routines with her and Tony is sure to make him happy."
 
That's right. My night routines are very different from theirs, as they tend to have lights out by 10 PM and I'm up until midnight or so. Dane has certainly let me know he is unhappy about that change, but, that's for his benefit. He likes to go out about 5 AM to pee, and I'm certainly not coming from my house to let him do that. This way, I can let him out when I awaken to pee, then go right back to sleep.

"I guess he likes having you handy for that."
 
I'm sure he does.

"So, what are you looking at?"
 
It's the oak tree I planted about 25 years ago. That was when Jeff and I were living at this house, which once was Mama's. The oak by the driveway had died many years before, so I had transplanted one from the back yard. It's truly grown into a lovely tree.

"It certainly has."
 
The marching band is providing a musical backdrop for my breakfast. It's been nice to listen to them, though I had not realized they would be returning to HVJ so soon. It isn't even August!

"Well, remember, Christina had to return to school this week, too, to get in practice before the kids for Head Start pour in next week."
 
Time has such a way of seemingly going faster, doesn't it? But it's all in one's perspective. I know the university will be starting up soon, too. I'll ask the bfe when I see him later.

"As in later today? About time y'all had plans again!"
 
That's pretty much what he said! We're going off to the Royal Cinema for "Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris", which looks to be divinely funny! Then we'll have dinner out there before coming back. I plan on a quick visit with Dane before the physicist picks me up. I've already given the dog some food, as well as put out dry food for Frosty the cat, so both of the animals should be fine until I return.

"I foresee the dog being a bit miffed with the change in schedule..."
 
Oh, pish posh! It's Tuesday and he's accustomed to his owners going off for a movie on Tuesday nights, so this won't be much different from that.

"Hey, it's Tina Tuesday! And you're going out for dinner and a movie! Very nice!"
 
I totally agree! And guess what I got from Comcast for their last movie reward? "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"!!! Alan Ruck to look at however often I want! Woohoo!

"Hahahaha! Once upon a time, it would have been Matthew Broderick's name you chanted."
 
Yeah, well, once upon a time, Alan Ruck held my hand and told me my name was beautiful. So, his is the name that I ballyhoo!

"Yes, dear!"
 
Indeed. Now, I bid you farewell, g'friend. If I'm to visit the dog, I must do so now!

"Later, 'tater! Have fun tonight!"
 
(smile!)

No comments: