Wednesday, July 6, 2022

movies and gasoline, oh, yeah!

Well, gas prices have risen enough that it now costs me 11 cents to drive a mile...
and that's with me getting 35.97 miles per gallon since the last fill-up.
Still, the $3.83 per gallon price I paid was the best in Savannah.
The petrol is running closer to $4.29, or more, at most other gas stations.
I'm so glad the Parker's and Walmart are still waging their little price war!
But that's only at that one spot in town.
The Parker's closest to me is charging the $4.29.
So, what was I doing that I noted the prices?
I was out running errands... and going to a movie, of course!
I wanted to finish up that A*List so I could cross it off my list of 'things to do'.
And so I did.
I hadn't been to a movie until the 4th.
No, no family cookouts this time around.
Tony and Laura came home with COVID from their 4th wedding anniversary trip to Florida.
Damon and his family had the sickness, too.
I spoke to Smitty and, though they were all healthy, they were all busy with otras cosas esta tiempo, so that left me up to my own devices.
Time to hook up with my Minions!
And just what were the little yellow fellows up to on the silver screen?
Well, "Minions: The Rise Of Gru" gave the backstory of how they came to be the henchmen of the Mini-Boss, as they lovingly called him.
Lots of fun to be had, for sure, but...
that 70's music was rockin'!!!
I even walked out whistling Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good" - so, go, and find out why!
It's a total blast from the past!
(smile!)
The next day, I found myself missing the Summer Kids Film Festivals of the past.
AMC doesn't do that at all, and, although the new NCG Cinema does, they haven't had anything that really dragged me in.
So, I went to see "Lightyear" again... and still loved it!
No, the music isn't cool and groovy, but the story is all about family and friends and life.
That's totally cool!
So, hot to continue the SKFF when AMC doesn't have "The Bad Guys" any more?
Well, I watched "The Sandlot"... and that made three kids flicks in a row!
Magnificent!
Still having one more empty slot in my A*List, I went southside for a change.
What a definite change it was, too!
"Mr. Malcolm's List" was like a Merchant Ivory film of the 1980's and 1990's.
How so?
Well, it was very British and a bit stuffy, but filled with dry wit that made fun of hoity-toity society and young women looking to nab a titled man.
I found it quite humorous!
Glad I got to see it!
Now, if only I could get the cinema to crank down the AC ten degrees, that would be swell.
I had to take my hair down to keep from freezing!
Good thing it's long!
(smile!)

No comments: