Monday, July 18, 2022

taxes and treats

"What taxes? You already paid the first part of your property taxes and the balance won't be due until October or so."
 
No, silly, not my taxes. 'Tis July, so that means working with Smitty on the 2nd quarter payroll taxes, as well as the sales tax for June.
 
"Oh, so that meant you were there about two hours today."
 
Nope! I forgot I had already started on the invoices for the sales tax when I was there doing May's. I just had to add one more invoice and June was done! I was gone in an hour!
 
"Wow! That sounds like some kind of record!"
 
Well, I don't know about that, but I did get out just before the rain came. These near-daily buckets of downpour have really been watering the grass, and the weeds, too. When Smitty was over last week to mow the front and back, the crazy growth of green behind the house was bogging down his riding lawn mower!!! He had to take off the bagger because it was filling up with each pass!
 
"He's still doing that for you?"
 
Well, it's in lieu of paying for my tax services, kinda sorta. This time, he not only cut the grass, but he edged both yards and the sidewalk. Plus, he trimmed some of the bushes in the back, too.
 
"Very nice!"
 
I agree!
 
"So, what was the treat you gave yourself?"
 
I took myself to slunch at Red Lobster after the rain stopped!
 
"Good for you! No sense letting that gift card go to waste!"
 
My thoughts exactly! I've been seeing their commercials and my taste buds were craving seafood... so I had the Garlic Shrimp Skewers, plus an extra! I hadn't remembered six being on each stake, but that just meant I had some to take home for dinner! Yum! I took home three of those biscuits, too, for breakfast! But the salad and coleslaw got eaten up right there! That last bit was an inside joke for the physicist.
 
"I'm sure the bfe will get it! That's a longstanding joke for y'all."
 
Yeah, it sure is! Speaking of him, we need to get together. It's been a minute! Between COVID and travel, it's probably been a month. Speaking of travel, I had let the fridge get pretty empty before I left for the girls' trip. That means I needed milk! Like, badly! So that was another reason to have a good meal before I shopped. And lookee what I found at Publix!
 
"What beautiful cherries!!!"
 
They sure are! And they were on sale for less than half price! I just wish they'd had more than one kind so I could do another taste test.
 
"Yeah, that was fun! Okay, have your dessert!"
 
Thanks - I will!

No comments: