Friday, July 1, 2022

at the garden of olive with her!

"And just who is 'her'?"
 
Well, here's a hint: her Daddy used to refer to me that way!
 
"You mean instead of by your name?"
 
Exactly!
 
"Why wouldn't he use your name?"
 
Who knows? Just one of his little odd habits! Whenever he would be aggravated with me, he'd run to tell Mama that 'she' wouldn't let him do this or 'her' wouldn't let him have that. Mama would try to get him to say my name, but he only would call me 'she' or 'her'. That was all in the five years before Tony was born, when Ronnie was still the youngest.
 
"Ah ha!!! That's the brother I was thinking of! Ronnie! So you met up with your first niece!"
 
Exactly so!
 
"And I'm guessing it was at that Italian place where they 'treat you like family'?"
 
You got it! I had referred to it as 'the garden of olive' when I had texted the bfe about my negative COVID test. He had said I should go out and celebrate and I told him I was on my way out the door to do that very thing and where I was going and with whom. He got a kick out of that!
 
"Very cool! So, Hinesville has one of those restaurants now?"
 
Nah, but Christina at last has a new car, so she came to Savannah! Woohoo!
 
"That's excellent!!! She's been without wheels for well over a month."
 
Yeah, but the insurance company finally totaled out her van, so now she has a new one.
 
"What kind of car did she get?"
 
It's another Dodge Caravan, but with a few more perks. I know she's ready to hit the road and go off to a 'baycation home', as Miyah calls it.
 
"I bet she is. Just another few weeks before school starts back for her."
 
Well, I'm ready for a vacation, too! She's talking about staying relatively close, like Hilton Head or Daytona Beach. That sounds dreamy to me! I just want to wake up somewhere else!
 
"Heard. It's been a while, not counting the overnight at her house a few weeks ago."
 
More like nearly a month ago. I was to have returned on the 22nd, but Omicron put a hold on that. So aggravating. At least I'm not alone in that. Reverend Billy got it from Cheri about the same time I had it and got done with it about the same time, too. Plus, Thomas and Danielle had it back in May, no doubt after their return from some convention in Orlando. That means Soucy man and Megan, as well as Justin and Valerie, probably all had it then, too. I'm telling you, this variant really has spread like wildfire!
 
"Well, you're over and done with it now, as are Christina and her family. so y'all can all be together and not have to fear it."
 
True. All the more reason to go off on holiday in the next week or so!
 
"Maybe you should just set something up and hope she'll join you!"
 
That sounds like a winner idea. Now, to find out what's available!
(smile!)

No comments: