Friday, July 8, 2022

ribs for moussie mousse

"Is that some new kind of dessert, g'friend?"

No, not at all! Those are pork ribs I'm talkin' 'bout! Nothing sweet about them! That's why you have to have a little something sweet afterward. I had two bites of Christina's sweet potato souffle! Mighty tasty!

"Then, what's the deal with the mousse?"

Remember that she has a dog? Well, that's his name. Mousse. Like he's some kind of stuff to put in your hair. LOL!

"Yeah, that's right. So, where did you get the ribs?"

That was at a place in Hinesville called Hog-N-Bones. I'd never been, so that's where she and I went for slunch today. I got the HNB Sampler Basket. You know, so I could try a bit of all the meats! The chicken was the first to be polished off! That thigh and drumstick were smoked to perfection, I tell ya!

"They do look very tasty!"

They were, and so was everything else on that plate. No, I take that back. The green beans were seasoned well, and the pulled pork was lip-smackin' good. But that coleslaw was definitely lacking until I dumped some of the HNB Gold barbeque sauce in there. Then it was so good I ate it all up!

"But the ribs you saved for later?"

That I did. I was so full!!! Plus, I'd had the idea to take those rib bones home to her house so the dog could have a treat, too. So, might as well plan to eat them there, too, so the bones would be freshly gnawed. LOL! He absolutely loved 'em! There he is, looking at me while I'm working on the second one. He was trying to be so patient!

"Oh, what a good boy! And doing his eating in the dining area!"

You bet! He knows where he's allowed to chew! The kids make a mess there, so his little bit of dropped food wouldn't even be noticed!

"Hahahaha! So, what was the occasion that you were over there on a Friday? Y'all going to the zoo or somewhere tomorrow?"

As a matter of fact, we are going "somewhere" tomorrow... we'll be off to Ormond Beach for four days!!! Christina and I are so in need of 'waking up somewhere else'!!! Between illness (mine) and car woes (hers), this has not been the summer we planned it to be. When a two-bedroom in Ormond finally popped up as available on Tuesday after three days of searching on Diamond's site, I snatched it up before anyone else could!

"Good for you! Holy cow, it took three days to find it???"

Yes, it did, with me on the site for well over an hour each day. I think folks panicked when Hilton Grand Vacations sent out several emails about "book a trip or save points by June 30". It seemed that people grabbed up everything in sight. I knew it would eventually loosen up, and it did, but most of the 'little fish' thrown back into the pool were studios or one-bedrooms. Those would be fine for me... but not for me and Christina and her family. As it was, it became a 'girls' trip', with me and her and the two little ones.

"Chris and C J aren't going?"

Well, it was too short-notice for Chris to take off work. Trust me, he's a bit put out about it, but those are the breaks. Junior won't be joining us either, partly because it was too short-notice for his mom, partly because he wouldn't have wanted to go without his dad, and, well, partly because we didn't invite him.

"Ouch."

Hey, he and his dad will be fine. There's some big race coming up at the end of August in Daytona. Miracle of miracles, on my successful fishing trip, I landed a sweet one-bedroom suite at the Daytona Beach Regency for them and Christina. Hallelujah!

"Hallelujah indeed! Good going there, girlie!"

Yep, I thought so, too. I'm still going to try to find another trip for me, and maybe an amiga or two, and I'm hoping for Hilton Head, but we'll see. That'll have to wait until this Florida vacation is over! Woohoo! Now, off I go to sleep!

No comments: