Monday, July 11, 2022

final bunker bingo...?

I certainly hope not, but I had signed up for July immediately after missing last month's session.
Sure, I'm on holiday in Ormond Beach now, on a last-minute, 'vacation with the girls' trip...
but I couldn't miss this episode of the Audrey and Grant Show!
Apparently, Audrey was a little farklempt, too, at thoughts of not having us there anymore, taking little breaks and putting Grant in charge.
She had even worn her sparkly jacket all night!
(smile!)
I wasn't the only regular who came for this B-I-N-G-O.
In fact, at one point, there were 170 people playing the game!
Most of us stayed, too, until the seventh game was over and its two winners had been declared as valid.
What's that I say?
Two winners??
For just that last game?
Oh, no, that's not my meaning at all!
Each game had two winners tonight!
I even came close to being a winner - not just once, but twice!
The first time was in the second game, on the red 'board', when I was only one tile away from a right-handed diagonal win.
Then, the very next game, on the green playing field, I was "uno!" again, this time on the vertical "O" line - oh!
And... I was just one away from a diagonal win, too, on that board!
That would have been with the left-hand tilt.
That was my most successful game tonight.
(smile!)
 
Mostly, though, I was there for the comradeship.
For all I knew, some of those playing were like me, having heard of the KC Crew offering via the VA Newsletter in our email's inbox.
Perhaps I might have even once shared a duty station with some of these people.
Or maybe one of them was the now-grown son or daughter of a colleague, playing from their current duty station?
That's all unknown, but we were all there to have fun!
One wiseacre even came up with a joke!
"Why did the frog cross the chat?"
And someone else hit the reply!
"To get to the other bingo card!"
Hahahaha!
All too soon, the sixth game was over...
and the witching hour of 7:30 CST (8:30 EST) that signaled the end of tonight's festivities was just two minutes away...
and the mighty Grant declared, "One more game!"
And so it was, with play continuing almost another ten minutes!
Hooray!
Then it was time for them to clear the master board one last time, removing all the white chips that denoted numbers which were legit.
Goodbye, Grant, here's hoping I'll see your smiling face and hear your great taste in music once more.
Farewell, Audrey, with your ready laugh and your disco jacket, I'll miss you reading aloud my quips.
Here's hoping our paths will cross again soon!
And... to you two and the other bingo-jocks, many thanks for these monthly Mondays, with the fastest 90-minutes of fun ever!
(smile!)

No comments: