Thursday, October 20, 2022

"a-t-b" does not spell bat

Yes, it does, you're just not looking at it right.

"I know your goal this week was to see three movies whose titles would spell "bat". That's not what happened, did it?"

The three movies chosen DID spell bat! It just doesn't look like they do, that's all.

"Oh, really? I've heard of 'new math', but not 'new spelling'. And, no, I'm not considering those words that folks deliberately misspell, like "phat" or stuff like that."


Here's why the spelling doesn't look right. The first "b" is invisible.

"You must be kidding."

Nope! LOL! Amazing how often that word has been popping up of late! I even heard it in the movie i saw this afternoon!

"Yeah. You're not helping."

My apologies, dearie, but the misspelling is not my fault. The first "b" is for "Bros", which I saw for the second time on Monday. However, it didn't show up on my A*List because the new person running the register must have put my phone number in wrong. After several tries, the manager - Tom, the one with the dreamy eyes - went ahead and comped my ticket so I wouldn't miss the movie. Very nice of him!

"And so you went ahead and counted it for this week?"

Well, you know, I tried to get the error corrected. I really did want that "b" movie in the first slot of my weekly three. When I went on Tuesday to the other AMC to see the "a" movie, I had the Monday receipt and ticket with me, so they could maybe input the data and catch up my A*List. The new manager - Kevin, a fairly friendly fellow - looked at what I had, then explained that I would have to go to the other AMC cinema to get it straightened out, as they were the ones that had issued the receipt.

"But that would have led to "Bros" being the second movie on the resultant list, not the first, so that wasn't really want you wanted, was it?"

Nope! That's okay, though. I realized that with that snafu I was essentially getting four movies for free from AMC this week. Winner, winner!

"And so, with the 'a' being "Amsterdam", you decided to stay with your original scheme?"

Yep! So that meant the third movie needed to start with "t". I opted for "Top Gun: Maverick", as this is its final week in town. And guess who I ran into there?

"Your tres amigas?"

Indeed, plus a fourth. Sean and Tom had guessed I wanted a ticket for that movie, "the same that we just sold to the other ladies". Glad they gave me a heads up! I waltzed on in there like I had been invited to tag along, waving at them as I entered!

"Hahahaha!! Bet they were surprised!"

They hid it well. And after the movie, they were sure to invite me to dinner with them.

"Well, that was good! I know it's been a while since you saw Brenda."

I didn't see her this time, actually! She had sat on the top row in the screening room, well away from Barbara and Carolyn - together on the second row - and Sandy - on the third row. She booked it out of the cinema and didn't go to Bowtie Barbeque with us, so it was just us four for the meal. I opted for the skillet cornbread and side of collard greens. So good!

"Glad to hear it! I know you've been craving cornbread."

I really have, and that was quite good. I just wish I'd doubled down on the greens!

"I hear you, g'friend! So nice to have someone else do the cooking!"

Indeed. And that movie yesterday finished up my Halloween word: b-a-t. And those movies are all going away today, as is "Bullet Train". That's why I let it be my "extra" free movie. Just a coincidence that it started with a "b"! And, as I was the only one there, I snapped a pic of the MINT man while I was there! Shhh! Don't tell anyone! LOL!

"You and your photographs. (smile!)"

That's right! Got to keep it real, not a dream!

"I hear you loud and clear. Halloween can be full of tricksters, what with folks wearing costumes. Looks like maybe "Psych" was set at this time of year?"

Nope! They were at a little western town, set up for tourists, like Calico was, that place I went to while stationed in San Diego. There was even a few women working in a bordello, there in that old gold-mining town and also in the old gold-mining town in "Psych". Shawn is dressed as the sheriff and Gus is playing a blacksmith. That's got to be an inside joke!

"That would be my guess! Now, what's up with the weather pic?"

Mother Nature is gearing up to be singing my song!

"LOL!"

No, that would be LA-A-A-AH!!!

"I hear you! Warmer is definitely better! Those cold nights really..."

Yes, they do! I know it's just been a three-day snap, but I'm not ready for that. So glad I have that heated mattress pad and mink blanket!

i thank You, God, for warmer nights ahead!

"Amen!!!"

No comments: