Monday, October 17, 2022

my favorite 'mercial

I know I give a lot of grief to television commercials, but... well, they deserve it.
You try to watch something good and there comes a slew of 'mercials every 7 minutes.
Oh, yes, I've timed them.
And for movies, it's even worse, as the 'mercial breaks interrupt at least every five minutes during the last thirty minutes.
Believe it or not, though, it's worst for those of us in Georgia and South Carolina.
It's political ads season and they're relentless and almost inescapable.
I wear out the batteries in my tv remote from hitting that "mute" button so much!
Seriously, I do.
I have to replace the batteries about every four months.
People laugh when I tell them that, but it's true.
Anyway, this post is about one particularly 'mercial that stops me in my tracks.
Literally.
I stop what I'm doing when it comes on!
(smile!)
 
Here's the premise:
is padding through the crowds 
that are walking on the streets, 
and sitting outside dining, 
and shopping hither and yon.
 
Wherever the wolf goes, 
coughing follows.
Deep, hacking sounds 
that speak of stopped-up sinus cavities 
and lungs choking on phlegm.
 
But those harsh sounds 
are in the background,
almost muted by 
the persuasive words and 
soothing tone 
of the wolf's speech:
"I'm just the flu.
No need to worry."
 
 
Then he wanders into a hospital.
Oops! 
His charade is over!
They see him for who he really is!
Time to skedaddle outta there!
No need for that disguise now!
 
And off he runs,
shedding the sheep skin as he goes.
 
Every time I see this 'mercial,
I smile.
 
(smile)

2 comments:

faustina said...

What company is behind this 'mercial?
I can't recall.
I do know they're trying to get folks to get flu shots, so that's a good thing.

faustina said...

The link to plant trees in memory of a loved one has changed.

https://shop.arborday.org/commemorative?_gl=1*1j6l3x2*_gcl_au*MTkwNzQxMjQ5OS4xNjkxMzQ3MDE2*_ga*MTY1NDI3NjMyNS4xNjkxMzQ3MDE3*_ga_S539C3X6HH*MTY5MTM0NzAxNi4xLjEuMTY5MTM0NzE0Ny42MC4wLjA.