Sunday, October 30, 2022

taking care of fire safety

I didn't know that fire extinguishers have an expiration date.

Did you?

I didn't know that smoke detectors lose their sensitivity to smoke after ten years.

Did you?

When I checked the ones in my house, they were all out of date.

I'm glad I attended the talk given by Robin Riebel earlier this month.

Thanks, Home Depot!

That talk lit a fire under me to remedy the safety situation I have here at home!

(Good to have a little pun of a joke, n'est-ce pas?)

Last month, Home Depot had sent a coupon for $15 off, and tomorrow is the last day to use it.

Better (almost) late than never!

That coupon made the cost of the two fire extinguishers 50% off.

Why did I buy the twinpack instead of just one?

There was only a five-dollar difference, so it was worthwhile to have an extra.

And those smoke detectors?

Less than $7 each, which was less than half the cost of the others there.

They even have batteries included!

One is for the hall outside my bedroom, one for the kitchen, and one for the living room.

That should have me pretty well covered.

Now, let me go get busy with that!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Guess what?
I've been enjoying "The War Of The Roses" of late, as a $1 Movie Night reward from the cable company.
And what should I see but Michael Douglas, as Oliver Rose, talking himself through the steps of using a fire extinguisher before he starts spraying!
Magnificent!!!
And why was he using it?
The Christmas tree had caught fire because of a short in the lights.
I do believe that possible fire source was missed in the Home Depot talk!
(smile!)