Wednesday, October 19, 2022

mint and the frank-in-email-stein

FoxBot 10:02 PM
Hi Faustina Smith
FoxBot here. I can answer hundreds of the most common questions. To get started, type in a few keywords or one subject at a time. You can also choose one of the topics below.

Faustina Smith 10:02 PM
Account Support

FoxBot 10:02 PM
Can I help you with any of the following topics?

Faustina Smith 10:02 PM
No, none of those topics pertain.

FoxBot 10:02 PM
I'm going to pull a customer care human into this, one moment...

You have been transferred to: Syndy Linares.

Syndy Linares 10:08 PM
Hi Faustina  Thank you for reaching out to Mint Mobile Customer Care! My name is Syndy and I'm happy to assist you today!

Faustina Smith 10:08 PM
Hello, I keep getting emails from Mint for someone named "Frank".
This has been going on since I started with Mint.

Syndy Linares 10:09 PM
does it say any thing in specific?

Faustina Smith 10:10 PM
There is NO Frank at my email. I have had this email address for more than twenty years.

Syndy Linares 10:11 PM
can you hand me the number that has on the email please

Faustina Smith 10:12 PM
What number? The one for Mint?

Syndy Linares 10:13 PM
The one cut off in the photo.

Faustina Smith 10:13 PM
I have not seen "Frank"s phone number, not since I confirmed my email after joining Mint. His number was NOT a 912 number.

Syndy Linares 10:13 PM
this one to see if we have that number on are system, maybe the person has an open case and gave a call back number wrong

Faustina Smith 10:14 PM
I would have to pull up the email again to get that number.
That number in the photo is for Mint, for "Frank" to go through the process of joining. Apparently, he did not complete the process. Probably becasue he has not received any emails from Mint, as those are coming to me instead.

Syndy Linares 10:16 PM
take a full picture to the email please to check this please and you stop getting this emails

Faustina Smith 10:17 PM
The email is too long for me to get a full photo. I can try.
Just hold on, as it will take me a few moments to do so.

Syndy Linares 10:18 PM
dont worry take your time

Faustina Smith 10:21 PM
Mint_Family_Managemint._All_your_accounts_under_one_login.eml
Okay, I have downloaded the email and sent it.

Syndy Linares 10:22 PM
im sorry can not open links, only pictures, sorry if its not to much can you help me with pictures please

Faustina Smith 10:23 PM
The phone number for "Frank" to contact is Mint-Fox-Pack.

Syndy Linares 10:24 PM
i can only se the this number on the picture _66-3697225
can you tell me what the first number please?

Faustina Smith 10:28 PM
8. The full number is 866-369-7225
Went back through my emails, found more info about "Frank". That was sent to my email on 29 Sept.

Syndy Linares 10:30 PM
i found the number with this please hold on ill ask my team what can be done so you stop getting this kind of text

Faustina Smith 10:31 PM
Not text, but email.
The messages for "Frank" from Mint keep coming to my email account.

Syndy Linares 10:34 PM
dont worry with all this info i will ask my team what can we do so you stop getting this
this is your E-mail: f--------@comcast.net
correct?

Faustina Smith 10:34 PM
Correct.

Syndy Linares 10:34 PM
I'll look into this immediately and will be back within 3 minutes. Thank you.

Faustina Smith 10:35 PM
Thanks.

Syndy Linares 10:40 PM
Thanks for your time , at the bottom of the email should give an option to stop getting emails, can you click on that please

Faustina Smith 10:40 PM
If I do so, won't that also stop ME from getting emails that pertain to my account with MINT?
.
.
.
Syndy, are you there?

Syndy Linares 10:44 PM
no, do, that email is atached from other number, but to make sure let me ask my team please
still with my team

Faustina Smith 10:48 PM
The 'body' of the email is addressed to "Frank", but the 'email address' is mine. How about this. I could hit the 'unsubscribe' link, then you could maybe make sure my email address is put in for MY phone number?

Syndy Linares 10:51 PM
Dont worry thats what im asking my team
in this case yes it may happen but you can add a new email in your mint account> on personal info>my details>edit email please

Faustina Smith 10:56 PM
I just hit "unsubscibe" and it took me to a log in page for Mint. As I am NOT "Frank", I do not have his information so I can "unsubscribe". Help!

Syndy Linares 10:59 PM
dont worry after asking my team, they told me i will need to escalate, can you send me pictures that it ask you to log in as frank please?
Faustina, im making your ticket, if you had the picture where it ask you to log in will help us

Faustina Smith 11:04 PM
Okay, just took photos. Will send to you in a minute.

Syndy Linares 11:05 PM
dont worry take your time, while i make your ticket

Syndy Linares 11:12 PM
Faustina, may you have other email in case we need to change it, to add it?


Faustina Smith 11:14 PM
So, I opened the email addressed to "Frank", wnet to the "unsubscribe" link and clicked it... and it took me to the account log in page instead of unsubscribing.

Syndy Linares 11:15 PM
I apologize that dont worry with this ticket tech area should be solving this issue

Faustina Smith 11:19 PM
I do have an alternate email address, but that's used for junk lists, not important stuff. That means I may not log into it for months at a time. Like I said, it's for junk lists.

Syndy Linares 11:19 PM
Hi I’m back. Thanks so much for your patience. here is your ticket ID TExxxx-125381 it can take up to 24-48 to get a resolution, you can request status of your case with your ticket ID,  Is there anything else I can help you with today Faustina?

Faustina Smith 11:20 PM
No, that's all I was trying to take care of this time.

Syndy Linares 11:22 PM
thank you for contacting us,it was a pleasure chat with you Faustina  at the end of the chat you will have the option to rate the chat with a green thumps up, have a wonderful night

Syndy Linares has closed the chat.

*****
Was your inquiry resolved during the chat?
No
 
You left the following comment: This took far longer than I had thought it would. I was in this chat for almost 1 1/2 hours, and the matter was not resolved. I do hope it will be soon.
*****
 
Here's hoping.
I've been pleased with the phone service, I have, but this business of getting emails intended for someone else at my email address makes me wonder.

1 comment:

faustina said...

They contacted me about the issue bright and early the next day.
"Problem resolved!"
Sure enough, I was able to log into my Mint acct and verify my email.
Hooray!!!
G'bye, Frank!