Saturday, October 22, 2022

byop, and i helped!

Hey, that's a riff on those old "Shake and Bake" 'mercials!

And for those who got that, it'll be our inside joke!

I know this chica would have totally understood!

Dawn came running up to greet me, so super excited!!!

She knew I would figure out her costume!

So, let's see... a rubber chicken... on a cord... atop a blue shirt...

chicken cord on blue!

Perfect pun for someone in the food industry!!!

Then there was The Koz himself!

He even stopped what he was doing to pose for me!

And just what was it my arrival interrupted?

Chris was fueling up the fog machine by the front porch!

He had one on both sides of that structure, too, to add extra fright to those dangling ghouls that I'd put batteries in!

Bwah ha ha!!!

I even took a time-out to sit on that porch later.

What a different perspective!

From behind that curtain of jerking, moaning, characters, I had a great view of the front yard!

More danglers from the trees, lots of creepie crawlies on the ground...

and that 12-foot tall skeleton holding the flag pole!

That was great!

Plus, I got to watch those watching all of that... bonus!

Of course, all of that was after munching out!

This was only my first plateful of the evening and it was loaded!

Orange and black pasta in the shape of pumpkins, mummified tiny hotdogs, 'spider' Ritz crackers, orange and black tortilla chips to eat with a hummus creature with green olive eyes...

Bwah ha ha!!

Dessert?

Did someone say 'dessert'?

This table as positively groaning from its heavy load!!!

Graveyard cake! Witches' warts! Monster scabs! Ghost poop!

And so much more, lovingly made for little hands to take home!

Big hands were welcome to take, too...

and so I did!

Before I left, I grabbed the last of the scarecrows assembled by Gina and Bunny and Susan at our session earlier!

I got a package of the 'monster scabs', too (cinnamon toast crunch cereal) and a few peanut butter kisses!

Plus, Allison gave me a ghost pop her kids made!

That's right near the top of my tree!

(smile!)

So, thanks, Bunny, for inviting me along for the Oscar party once upon a time years ago and introducing me to Dawn!

So glad you and Steve were there tonight!

And many, many thanks to the host and hostess with the mostest!

So good to chow down on ribs with Chris, the man whose "wife is psycHOTic"!

Bwah ha ha ha ha!

I know you missed out on those ribs at the last BYOP, three long years ago, so I'm delighted you made time to get them early!

And would you look at this photo?

I ended up with a Two-Headed Koz when I thought I only saw one!

What a special treat from the Universe!

And what a special treat for all there!

From the giant spider on the roof to the giant skeleton in the front yard...

from the pirates pissing yellow and puking black in their blue sea to the crazed clowns from outer space...

from the black flamingos with fanged beaks to the spinning, speaking, headless Lady Macbeth twirling in the living room...

from the howling circus din to the relatively quiet oasis on the back porch...

there truly was something to delight everyone!

And what was there for me?

Besides Lady Macbeth with her candle, bemoaning her fate?

Besides the pirates and the pasta and the ribs?

Besides the many pumpkins carved so magnificently and the blowing up after the judging?

Besides getting to hang out with folks I knew and the chance to help others, like Martha and Tom, to get maximum enjoyment from the festivities?

Well, I had wondered what had become of my favorite three zombies, as they were not in their usual place near the porch... but I found them guarding the driveway!

Bwah ha ha!!!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Dawn
Oct 25
There are so many ”Thank You’s” in order for all of the friends, family and neighbors who went above and beyond to help the effort to create a Successful/Crazy/Spectacular/Extravagant/Theatrical and Memorable BYOP, that I am not even sure where to begin….
Actually I’m lying… I know exactly where to begin and that is by saying thanks to the man that started it all, my husband Koz..
What started out as a somewhat intimate, pumpkin carving amongst a small group of friends more than ten plus years ago, has developed, intensified and expanded into a full blown, over the top “Halloween Phenomenon”.
If you’ve been to one of our BYOP’s, you well know it and if you haven’t been, well, you’ve heard about it and are sorely missing out!
My husband continues to amaze and blow me away with his talent, imagination, attention to detail, commitment and sheer creativity, as I watch him tirelessly transform our Yard/Lawn/Porch/Driveway and Property so it Comes Alive with new props, scenes, embellishments and action stations, that somehow, in spite of the massive production he had previously created, seem to perfectly fit in and add just the right new touch!
Bringing BYOP to life pretty much consumes our lives the entire month of October plus, plus and can be described as the most exhilarating yet exhausting experience ever, as we host this massive event while at the same time hosting a houseful of out of town family, friends and guests the same weekend it occurs, who get to participate in the “crazy” and get a true behind the scenes take of it.
The entire experience from start to finish makes for lots of memories, laughs, “assignments”, cocktails and toasts, endless pots of coffee, and bad food choices (which include but are not limited to) excessive amounts of fast food (glorious food), sugar, chocolate and adult beverages.
BYOP highlights vary by age, but rumor has it the Top Five Might include (not necessarily in this order);
💀 Pirates Behaving Badly
💀 Hell’s Kitchen Rat Spit
💀 Freddy Krueger Washroom Valet
💀 Kenny’s Killer BBQ (literally!)
💀 Pumpkin Award Ceremony
And last but not least, I want to give props to my dawg; Stella Olivia Benson who made it through her first BYOP, monsters, screamers and all, without needing a sedative…
Halloween night….well…
that might be another story…
Signing off…
Tired, Transformed and Thankful,
Mrs. Koz
Xo
PS ….So many names to name….to those of you who donated and/or contributed your time, talent, hours, food, drink, batteries, friendship and fellowship;
we sincerely thank you …..