Monday, October 31, 2022

no tricks, just treats for me!

"Oh, did you go out gathering candy?"

LOL! Not hardly! But I did go see "Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile" with Carolyn! She's texted me twice about it and I knew she didn't want to see it by herself, plus I knew none of the other amigas were going to watch it. And I am so glad to have seen it again!

"Because of Javier Bardem channeling Raul Julia?"

Well, partly, but not just that. I got a hit of Raul as Gomez Addams on Friday and that should hold me for a while. AARP's MFG gave me "The Addams Family" that evening and I gloried in every sword fight and every dance and every mischievous grin! Hard to believe he was gone just three years later.

"Yes, I know. That 1991 movie sure was fun, though, with Christopher Lloyd there as Fester. Yep, definitely a winner!"

And so was this one about Lyle, the singing crocodile with stage fright! I can definitely say that now that I've seen the entire movie. I had missed about fifteen minutes of it the first time, so I'm glad I got to see the beginning. So glad Carolyn wanted to go! And she agreed about Javier's resemblance to Raul, so that was good, too.

"Did y'all go off to eat afterward?"

No, she had eaten beforehand and I had a hotdog with the movie. AMC really has great hotdogs! And they're only about $3, which is what I'm used to at the ball parks. So, after the movie, I headed out to take care of citizen business!

"Citizen business? What's that?"

Voting, silly! I had tried to early vote a week of two ago, when early voting first started, but the lines were crazy long. But today? I waltzed right in, completed the process, and was back out to my car in less than fifteen minutes! At 4 o'clock in the afternoon! I had expected a line, but there was only one person in front of me and things were moving right along. What a special treat to have that responsibility taken care of so easily!

"Responsibility? Oh, wait, I remember what you say: "If you want the right to complain about the government, you have a responsibility to vote". Right?"

Jolly well right!

"Thought so. How was the Buffy episode? You have kids interrupting it?"

The show was great!!! And I didn't have a single trick-or-treater come by, but that's been the case for about ten years. I didn't even buy candy for it, 'cause I've learned not to. Anyway, back to the show! It was actually titled "Once More, With Feeling" and it was one I'd missed from Comet TV's revival of the series. Good to have seen it! Not just for singing and dancing, but also because it filled in some gaps for me. Like, since when did Spike and Buffy become lovers? And, like, when, if ever, did the others find out they'd screwed up and taken Buffy out of Heaven, not Hell? And, like, how Tara figured out that Willow had cast a spell on her to win an argument about Willow's overuse of witchcraft?

"Hey, nice shot of Spike laying one on Buffy!"

Thanks! That was right at the end of the episode! I tell you, James Marsters was the most talented one in the bunch when it came to singing and dancing! He stole every scene he was in, more so than usual, and really reminded me of why I had such a crush on him. RAWR. I really ought to locate that photo of me with the guy who looked just like him at Dragon*Con 2008. Oh, yeah!

"Okay, okay, stop drooling over that young man..."

Actually, he's close to my age! He's 60, so whatever age I was when I first started watching it, he was just four years my junior. So, totally age appropriate for me!

"Yeah, yeah. Fine. Did you ever treat yourself to that $1 movie reward?"

No, I did not. I was going to, but then I found out that Savannah VOICE Festival had their 2020 "All Hallow's Night of Streams" on youTube, so I put on the speaker and cranked it up! What great fun to see it again!!! I hope that will be an annual event!

"Well, I'm so happy you had such a good day!"

And I'm happy to have had an even better night! Say g'night, dearie!

"G'night, dearie!"

3 comments:

faustina said...

I posted the voting pic on fb and asked: How do I get the political ads off my TV, now that the election is over for me?
Such responses I've received already!

Jackie Frant
It doesn’t stop. And unlike the rest of the United States, we will probably go into a runoff, so we’ll have a few more weeks of Warnock/walker on our screens.
Faustina Smith
Jackie Frant I sure hope not.

Julie Shead
Turn the channel.
Faustina Smith
Julie Shead Hey, I turn it off, mostly. Or put on a movie!

Lynn Lee
Or your phone😂
Faustina Smith
Lynn Lee Fortunately, I have only had one text concerning the election, They may have called, but I don't answer unsolicited calls.

Jim Casey
Watch TCM
Faustina Smith
Jim Casey If only I got that channel! But I have movies that Comcast has gifted to me - including "A League Of Their Own" and "The Sandlot" - to watch, so I'm good!

Christina Smith
Let me know if you figure it out.
Faustina Smith
Christina Smith That's what the "off" switch is for, right? LOL!

faustina said...

More comments about political 'mercials! LOL!

-----------------
Robin Johnson Maddox
And in the mail 🤔
Faustina Smith
Robin Johnson Maddox Those go right into the recycle bin, unread!

Danny Beam
Amen! MUTE!

Betsy Provost Kameron
Yes!! I think political ads should be illegal!

Stephen S Gerard
Political ads allow me 15 minutes a day to make calls on my phone. I so appreciate.

faustina said...

This week, I have to vote again this year.
There's a run-off election for the Senate race.
At least it won't make any difference this time who wins.
The Democrats have kept the Senate majority, based on voters in other states.
No pressure...