Monday, October 10, 2022

b-day fo' for miss chlo!

Actually, her birthday was on the first of this month, but she and the family, and even the twins, were having a hurrication-vacation with Wild Adventures in Valdosta, Georgia.

I know, I know - wild adventures in the Peach State, right?

But they had fun, especially as the place was decorated up for Halloween!

And, yes, that's her on the right.

She evidently takes after her great-grandmother's side of the family.

See this photo?

Nope, that is not Chloe!

It's Mary McEwen when she was about four years old.

When I first saw it, I was shocked by the resemblance.

And when I first saw this little pink and purple seahorse, I immediately knew it would be my gift to Miss Chlo!

Looks like I picked a winner!

This wasn't a pose, this was for real!

She kept playing with it and hugging it for the rest of the evening, delighting others... and me!

Her Mommy read the card, in which I had written that I hoped the Daytona Beach seahorse would remind her of the happy times we had this summer.

I'm so thrilled that she likes it so much!

(smile!)

Speaking of her Mommy, here she is!

Yep, that's my first niece with her mom!

Grammy had childcare duty for this Columbus Day holiday, but "Walton's family schoolmarm" Christina had to work.

No rest for teachers on that day!

So we arranged to meet for dinner while they had the kid swap at this midpoint between Hinesville and Guyton.

Lucky for me!

I was so excited about it that I got to Cracker Barrel two hours early.

Ah, well, I hadn't meant to be so early, but my blonde roots got the time wrong.

Even though they're gray now!

Well worth the wait.

(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

Oh, one more thing.
Wondering what the girls are doing on that front porch?
They're playin' at playing checkers!
Hahahaha!

faustina said...

I've been confused about Chloe's birthday for years, apparently.
I was sure it was at the end of September, as that was the first time it was celebrated.
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2019/09/pinkity-pinkity-pink-pink.html

That's why it came as a shock to find out it was October 1st, which is actually the same as my stepmom's.
Just 70 years difference between them!
(smile!)