Wednesday, October 26, 2022

WNS will now continue after its brief break...

Why did it have a two-week hiatus?
I have no idea... but it was back tonight!
And the Wednesday Night Suppers will continue for another three weeks, too!
Hooray!
Tonight, I feasted upon Chicken Marsala, for perhaps the first time in years!
Plus, there was wild rice, Italian green beans, a pumpernickel roll, a DIY side salad, and... three pieces of spice cake!
Sure, only one piece is on my plate, but I went back for a second.
Then, because I raved so about its moistness, Pam got herself a slice, too, and brought back the last for me!
Yep, yep, yep!
Which Pam might that be?
She was behind me to check in, then she rushed through the food line to make sure she grabbed seats for her and Walt at my table!
(smile!)
Sure did make me feel special!
(smile!)
And we had something different to go along with our dinner: trivia!
We didn't play, as it made use of smart phones, but we did participate by trying to answer the questions during our chatter.
One of the Old Testament questions was about who built the ark.
How appropriate, as I was again tending my brother's critters while he's on vacation!
Thenceforth, for questions I didn't know, I'd say, "Noah!"
It became a little inside joke between me and Pam, with her giving a little laugh every time I said that name.
Even Walt liked it!
Hooray!
(smile!)
After our fun, it was back I went to la casa de mi hermano to feed Dane and Frosty.
I'd stopped by briefly to let the dog out, but now it was their supper time.
I try to keep them on schedule with that, at least.
Frosty wanted to come in for a scratch behind the ears...
and Dane took that as his cue to lick the ear closest to him.
At first, the cat seemed to like it, but then his ears flattened and his tail started twitching, so I put an end to it.
The kitteh was ready to go back outside after that!
(smile!)
And me?
Well, I finished my AMC A*List yesterday, so I was good to stay in.
I meant to take a photo of the trio I'd completed, but I forgot, so you'll just have to imagine the movie posters.
(smile!)
The first was "Ticket To Paradise", but I already told you that.
(smile!)
On Monday, mis tres amigas invited me to join them for that same flick, but I opted for "Home Coming", based on events in 2015.
In spoken Chinese, it was a tale of heroism by two ordinary diplomats, tasked by the Chinese government with leading a group of citizens out of a war-torn area.
Were they armed, with a military brigade at their beck and call?
Nope!
Their only bargaining chip for safe passage was that they were Chinese citizens.
It reminded me of my adventures in Central America, when the US Navy told me and my (first) husband that all we needed for travel through all those borders was our military ID and our travel orders.
No passport?
Well, actually, as it turned out, that was the one thing that we did need, but did not have.
Good thing we had some money to pave our way along!
But that's why we lived on peanut butter sandwiches for the last few days of our journey.
I could sympathize with these folks, especially when the last of their money was gone.
Good movie!
And the third movie was from the DC Universe: "Black Adam".
Let me just say that this was one of the best roles The Rock has done!
He was rather subdued in it, a heroic figure that wasn't a hero and knew it.
Lots of action, lots of mythology, and lots of people who got the story wrong.
I look forward to seeing it again, actually.
And that's a good thing, as AMC is trotting out lots of horror flicks right now.
I hope some kid flicks come back!
Now, time almost for the first of my two Christmas movies to begin!
That's certainly one of the perks of petsitting: TV channels I don't get at my house.
Dane has even learned to listen for the music cue from "Futurama" to let him know I will soon be going to bed.
Yeah, he's smarter than he looks!
(smile!)

No comments: