Saturday, November 5, 2022

forsooth, dudes!

This was something different!

Barbara and I went to Calvary Baptist School for a musical!

Neither of us had ever been there for a play.

When she was married years ago, her stepson was a student there, as were her sister's kids.

So, she attended their graduations, but naught else at that locale.

I had only been there for an Easter egg hunt, a few years back, when Miyah was barely two years old.

Ah, good times (in my best Phil Hartman voice!)!

The play was great fun, too, as it was a musical within a musical - sah-weet!

That post title refers to a line uttered by the school announcer, in reference to a musical, "Juliet And Romeo", that one of the students had written.

Gabriela, in the blue dress, and Tony, in the letter jacket, met at a NYE karaoke party during Christmas break, then were reunited when her family's move landed her at his school.

Fifty shades of "Grease"!!!

(Yes, that's meant to be a pun, a little inside joke for me and the first niece!)

But here's something that "High School Musical" had that was different from "Grease"... chemistry!!!

Literally! On a chalkboard right in front of me!

Right place, right time!

Oh, wait... there was science in that earlier one, too, wasn't there?

Yeah, well Sandy was not a braniac that was on the Science Bowl team, that's Gabriela.

Plus, Danny didn't letter in basketball and lead the team to their first-ever championship; that's Tony, in this musical.

Okay, I concede.

Still, it was an utterly delightful way for mi amiga Barbara and I to share two hours on a rainy Saturday afternoon!

(smile!)

Then I came home and started back on the three remaining sunroom windows.

I'd had a great idea about covering those three windows that were close together as though they were a single large entity, so I'd taken care of the cleaning and taping before the show.

But, somehow, while still basking in the after-glee of the teen-packed musical, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

I meant to grab the 5-window sheet of plastic from the unopened PolarBlock window kit.

Nope!

I grabbed the one I saw on the sunroom table and started peeling paper off the tape and sticking the plastic on!

It wasn't until I neared that corner, heading over to the smaller window, that I realized my error.

Shite... could I unstick the plastic???

Nope.

Sigh.

So I finished that sheet as far as it went - about halfway over the third window of the group - then opened that second box of PolarBlock and cut off what I needed to piece in the trio.

That job is done, now, taking more time than I had allotted for the task.

I've gone ahead and cut that big sheet into pieces for four windows, so at least I didn't lose any materials.

However, I did lose my momentum for the day, and tomorrow will be too busy.

So, with two sheets remaining from the four ACE hardware window kits, and the four sheets I cut of the PolarBlock plastic, I'm ready for the other eight - not "Hateful", just regular.

Now, let's catch one more viewing of "Into The Night" before it's gone!

(smile!)

No comments: