Saturday, March 25, 2023

bird, bird, bird is the word...

Whoever put together the pre-show set-list must have had a blast!
I'm guessing they either googled and found them...
or they're from my generation and know these songs from their youth!
(smile!)
Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed singing along with them and tapping my toes!
And it was not just songs about birds, but also about buses!!!
C'mon, you know at least one of those.
"The wheels on the bus go round and round,
round and round,
round and round,
the wheels on the bus go round and round,
all around the town!"
Bonus points if you did the hand movements, too!
(smile!)
You can see that I was grinning right from the start!
Now, imagine my sheer delight when they brought an actual bus onto the 'stage' area of their black box at Savannah Children's Theatre!
And it moved! And people boarded and got off!
And, much as all protested repeatedly, "Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus!", you knew it would eventually happen!
And the songs in this musical, especially "Panic At The Bus Stop!" had me laughing and clapping!
How good to see JoJo again... and even better for him to seek me out afterward and tell me how much he enjoys seeing me at these plays for children!
Right back at you, dear, right back at you!
I do love these bright spots in my weekends!
Speaking of such, I have a dessert reception in my near future, over at the JEA, with mi amigas.
Hasta luego!

No comments: