Friday, March 17, 2023

green to wear, green to eat!

I intended to watch the Saint Patrick's Day Parade from home this morning, but...

somehow, the TV never got turned on.

For the first time all week, I awoke at my regular time, even without the alarm...

my head seems to have finally made the sunlight adjustment from last weekend's leap.

So, in honor of being back on track, I settled in for my new groove in the sunroom...

reading the Smithsonian magazine, this time one from November of 2021, found lodged in the depths of the magazine basket Melanie gave me years ago.

When I emerged from that butter yellow glow of a room, the parade was off my mind.

Poof! Just gone!

(smile!)

Perhaps I'll try to catch the rerun later, I thought to myself... but I didn't.

Instead, after my shower, I donned the first green thing that sprang to view in the closet...

this 2014 Championship t-shirt from the Sand Gnats!

Nice to have that bit of baseball history on today!

Such a lovely shade of green, isn't it?

I prefer this darker tone to the neon-green that seems to be the rage of late.

Then, off I went into the lovely day!

Better to take advantage of this one day of true springtime warmth while I could, nach bhfuil sé?

This coming week will mimic last week, dipping down for those low notes of the weather song of WSAV, and not rising until midweek.

Yeah, yeah, first world, 32 N, woes.

(smile!

But I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight...

not with Texas Roadhouse treating me to free dinner!

I finally found my voucher from Veterans Day.

That meant a grilled pork chop for me!!!

Plus plenty of vegetables to go along with it.

Thanks, y'all, and thanks, Jordan, for great service!

(smile!)

No comments: