Monday, March 6, 2023

singing to herself... wow!

She has, at long last, reached an age where she can entertain herself.
That age, apparently, is 4 years old.
Christina and I were at the adjacent table, settling our tabs and chatting.
I had noticed the girl had sat down apart from us after the bathroom break.
What caught my attention, though, was the fact that she was singing softly.
I couldn't make out the words, so I can't hazard a guess as to which song it was -
for me, that song would again be "Octopus' Garden", whistled, not sung -
but I'll be sure to ask her the next time she's doing it.
I wonder if she'll be like me, not even conscious at the time that she was doing that.
I wonder if, like me, she'll have to think about what tune it might be that came so naturally to her.
I wonder if it might change over time, or if, like with mine, it will be a constant in her life.
I wonder.
 
Today, Chloe was off from school to go to the doctor's office to see about a rash on her throat and shoulders and the itch that was the real problem for her.
My first niece was off from school, too, to take her to the doc in Richmond Hill.
That brought an opportunity to have lunch at Jalapenos with me!
Hooray!
Such a beautiful to sit on the patio, too!
I'd arrived a bit before them, so I'd taken a walk around the area.
Then I noticed the swirling flight of six raptors above.
I found myself watching them, their dark forms accentuated against the light gray of the clouds...
could I capture them?
See them, on the left near that bright vertical area?
Me, neither, but I know they were there.
(smile!)
 
What a lovely way to start a week!
Now, how can I fit in a soccer game this month, on top of all else going on?
Hmmm... I'll definitely have to try, now won't I?
Next Wednesday may work to let me travel to see both girls in action...
and have the luxury of staying over with nothing going on the next day... 
we'll see!
(smile!)

No comments: