Friday, March 31, 2023

finishing friday with a friend!

Barbara had contacted me yesterday about seeing a movie.

I knew the real reason was she wanted to be out of the house while Carolyn was finally - after 6 months - moving back to her own place.

(smile!)

So, I agreed... and what a fabulous movie!

And what a fabulous dinner at Olive Garden!

And what a wonderful young man as our waiter, willing to play along with our joking!

(smile!)

I took more than half of this Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara home, as well as two bread sticks.

Hey, if I have an appetizer...

and that was the Pasta Fagiole...

than I definitely won't finish my meal.

That's fine with me!

(smile!)

And the movie?

I'd gone to it not knowing anything at all about it.

Well, "Spinning Gold" was all about Casablanca Records!

That label didn't last very long before it was snapped up by Polygram...

but I was very familiar with its artists!

Donna Summer... Gladys Knight... The Isley Brothers... KISS... Bill Withers... just the right stuff for a dancing chica like me!

But what really made it special was this: Neil Bogart's kids are the ones who made this movie about their dad, showing him as the flawed gambler and big dreamer that he was.

Wow.

Kudos to Jeremy Jordan for an excellent performance!

And kudos to the Bogart boys for the back stories on how the spotlight finally shone in the direction of these artists!

(smile!)

No comments: