Tuesday, March 7, 2023

let's all party with jimmy fallon!!!

Seriously, y'all!
He knows how to have fun and having good clean fun is what he does best!
No snidely snark, no blue shock, just lots of positive vibes and belly laughs!
What a nice change from the other shows on the late-night circuit!
The 48-year-old was absolutely beside himself to have Mickey Dolenz singing "Last Train To Clarksville" back on February 28th.
And how did he convince that 77-year-old to do so?
He handed him a tambourine!!!
It was fabulous!
 
Last night, he had Maude Apatow from the new production of "Little Shop Of Horrors" that's on Broadway now.
Anyway, in true form, he had another special guest from that musical.
Wanna guess who?
It was Audrey Two!!!
I was dancing right along with them as it sang about "the guy sure looks like plant food to me", urging Seymour to feed him!
Very nice!
Tonight, Jimmy showed up as a mystery guest on another show. 
That made me very glad that I've been watching "The Voice" for the Blind Auditions this season.
I've backed off from the show the last few years, as it just seemed to be very competitive between the judges and I wasn't digging that gnarly vibe.
This time, it still has Kelly Clarkson as well as Blake Shelton, with this being the last season for him.
But there are two fresh faces, with decidedly different fresh - and younger - perspectives on the auditioning artists.
Those new guys would be Niall Horan - he'll be 30 in September and was part of One Direction, a boy band not of my ken - and Chance The Rapper, who'll be 30 next month.
Chance was the first to turn his chair when he heard the voice singing "I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near)" - he had just been on Jimmy's show, playing peanut butter and jelly Tic-Tac-Toe!
The others turned around in fairly quick succession, all except Blake.
He said he knew it was Jimmy and he didn't want to encourage him to keep singing - so Jimmy walked over as he was finishing the song and hit the button to swivel Blake's chair!
Hahahaha! Hahaha!

Now, pardon me while I go back to "That's My Jam", the music show hosted by Fallon, with a fabulous list of real musicians willing to make fools of themselves while doing covers of other people's songs.
I love this improv show!
Jason Derulo just did "The Thong Song" as if it were an opera number... and he rocked!!!
I can't wait to see who wins the gold boombox!
(smile!)

No comments: