Friday, March 31, 2023

molsky's journey

I'm glad I signed up to volunteer usher for this one!
I did so earlier this week, after watching the little weather song for any dips.
Today's made the third concert I've worked that was not part of my original list of five...
and is the fifth show for my volunteer hours.
How about those apples?
I must be feeling my Wheaties!!!
Just look at me beaming, shining my little light for all to see, ponytail set at ear level this time!!!
Plus, I get to flex my muscles this time -
yeah, that's gotta be a joke!
Nope!
I'm the Door Wench, making sure the VIP Lounge stays free of riffraff!
(smile!)
So, what journey did we have?
Well, right there is the magic flying carpet on which Bruce Molsky took us for a ride all over the world.
Truly!
Such a flight of fancy this noon30 was!
And all he had needed was a guitar and our imagination.
First, it was off to Sweden for a bout with an electric band of fiddlers!
Then down to Madagascar for a lovely tune someone had written for a little girl - very nice!
Whoosh, back to the States, Texas to be exact, for some "Bye Bye baby Blues"!
Then up to New York for an encounter with a guitarist who made his instrument sound like a fiddle - wow!
Okay, time to engage the rapt audience with a sing-along of "Little David" - that was fun!
After that, the songs just kept on a-coming!
A few tunes later was one I thought I recognized: "Drunkards hiccups", complete with that sound effect.
Yep, I'm sure I've been regaled by that one at an Irish bar!
Another couple of songs brought us to a song someone had written about Woody Guthrie, "Never Tire of The Road" - with a Japanese portion added for fun!
Then, Molsky shook things up with one sung sans instrument and a cappella, "Way Down The Road", about a homesick Southerner doing their patriotic duty by working on vehicles in Michigan for the WWII effort.
Wow.
He even played a classical bit for us and would have, I'm sure, been glad to continue to play for another hour had time allowed.
As it was, he'd done an hour and fifteen minutes without breaking a sweat.
Wow.
And all of that after playing two shows different styles of music and with other artists yesterday afternoon and evening.
Pretty good for a fellow just three years older than me!
I'm so glad I picked up this one!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

For this show, tickets cost $ 31.00.

All it cost me was my time, and $ 2.80 in parking (for space 6081).

Excellent deal!