Tuesday, May 9, 2023

golf with the j-dawg, mini style!


Such a perfect summer afternoon... and it isn't even that season yet!
But the temperatures are rising and spending that time of day out in the sun has a way of baking out all the leftover cold weather crud - hallelujah!!!
And just what was I doing on this fine Tina Tuesday?
I was out at Bogey's, doing a bit of min-golf with the bfe!
We were both trying to use a bit of science, specifically physics, to work out the best angles for those bank shots that'd keep our balls out of the drink and on the green.
(smile!)
 
Did I say Tina Tuesday?
I did!!!
That's certainly what it felt like, being able to spend so much time with him!
Some of our best times have been while driving somewhere, or walking to some place, as those activities allow us plenty of time to talk.
That's certainly the best part of spending about 90 minutes on this mini-golf course, talking about movies and music and whatever topics came up.
Here's one of them: the resemblance between Bart Simpson's profile and this hole's outline.
Right?
Pretty funny!
And that's my lavender ball resting off to the side.
I think I ended up making par on that hole!!! 
I think he did, too!
(smile!)
Why don't I know for sure?
I gave him the score card, so he'd have bragging rights for having such improvement by the time we neared the end.
Those first nine holes really ate our lunch, with double bogeys on nearly every hole.
Heck, I even had a quintuple bogey on one of them!
I ended up with a score of 39 on those, and he didn't fare any better.
That's okay; I've had more recent practice than he has during my Hilton Head adventures.
(smile!)

We both scored eagles on the back nine, though!
Awk! Awk!!! 
We even flapped our arms like the great birds!!!
We both made par multiple times, too.
Maybe we should have started with these and then gone to the front of the course!
Our totals for second nine were in the 20's - most def improvement!!!
(smile!)

Feeling full of ourselves - 
and not much else - 
we were both ready to celebrate!
Now, where to go for dinner?
I did just that, checking out the shrimp salad... and peach cobbler!
Both were pretty good, too, especially as I was eating them together.
You know, because life is too short to wait until the end of a meal for dessert.
Hey, you know I'm right!
(smile!)
 
Now, I've sent him one of the things I'd talked about.
It's one of my Comcast rewards, one that I saw and snapped up for the artist side of the physicist.
Although I don't know the artist, Paul Heaston, I did glance through the 44-page "Craftsy Guide: Master Drawing" and it looks to be quite a good tool.
J-Dawg has been drawing and painting for years, so he's in more in the intermediate range, I'd say.
He has a big - like, large-sized piece of canvas - project to paint a portrait of the Contessa.
I really look forward to seeing that some day.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I'm not sure how long the weblink will be active, but I did download the guide for future reference.

https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4798_march_rewards/Craftsy-Drawing-Packet.pdf