Tuesday, September 13, 2022

a mind for business and a body for sin...

... but let's not forget that luxurious velvet that was her voice!
Lest you've forgotten, I speak of Melanie Griffith in "The Working Girl".
Xfinity Rewards is letting me rent a movie this month - perhaps nightly? - for just $1 and, although I'd thought of using the buck for "Into The Night", I just may have to go for either the aforementioned flick or, possibly, "Body Double".
Both are favorites with her.
And why was any of that top of mind before I even rose this morn?
Well, I had thought of using "work it, baby, work it!" as the post title, that's why.
But that's really been overused by commercials for exercise equipment, so that's why my mind pulled up that movie quote.
Still, none of that seems to be addressing the actual reason for "work" to be involved.
Well, here it is: I need a work around to see a movie that I cannot use my A*List on.
American Multi-Cinema Theatres - that's AMC Theatres, y'all - has been serving up quite a few new films and Fathom events and such that are excluded and cannot be watched for 'free' with my paid membership program.
That's okay, I understand that they're a business and are in it for the money.
My go-to work around has been to use my Bonus Rewards to grant myself a five-dollar (not to be confused with five finger!) discount for such movies, such as my trip to see "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan" two weeks ago.
It was showing for its 40th Anniversary that Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
I had not realized that it came out in 1982!
That's when "Quilters" hit the stage for the first time, too... so I guess that was its four-decade anniversary, too.
I have to think David Poole didn't realize that or he surely would have mentioned it.
I only know that due to my 40+ years of knowing Robb Worthington, now living in England but accessible via fb.
He'd seen my post on that social site and felt the need to 'correct' me about the musical not being 'new' as he'd seen it performed while dating a girlfriend from many years ago.
I had to tell him that 'new' meant 'this century'!
Hahahaha!
At any rate, I seem to have wandered off topic, as I am wont to do.
Right?
Darned rabbit holes!
(smile!)
So... today is Tuesday, and, in an effort to transform it into a Tina Tuesday I think I may be onto a work around to transform a $12.50 movie I want to see into a five-buck one.
You see, on this day of the week, the movies at AMC are all $5 for its members, whether they be A*Listers or Stubs or just registered in their free program.
So, I'm going to check online and see if "Lifemark", which is excluded from being an A*List 'freebie', is subject to the five-dollar rule for Tuesdays.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Well, drats.
I mean, mother father cocker spaniel!!!
Even after I logged in so they know I'm a paying member, AMC won't allow that movie to be purchased for the Tuesday price online.
That doesn't mean the clerk at the counter won't give it to me...
but I should redeem one of my Bonus Rewards just in case...
if I'm really wanting to see "Lifemark"...
which I think I do.
It's about a 20-year-old boy who wants to meet his birth mother after all these years with his adoptive parents.
Christina may be interested in it.