Wednesday, September 28, 2022

goodbye, t-mobile! hello, mint!

FoxBot 08:20 PM
Hi Faustina Smith
FoxBot here. I can answer hundreds of the most common questions. To get started, type in a few keywords or one subject at a time. You can also choose one of the topics below.

Faustina Smith 08:22 PM
Tech Support

FoxBot 08:22 PM
Can I help you with any of the following topics?

Faustina Smith 08:22 PM
Help With Activation

FoxBot 08:22 PM
Getting an invalid activation code error? Let's gather a little information, and if needed, I can hand you off to a live chat agent to assist you.
Have you received a refund for this order?

Faustina Smith 08:22 PM
No

FoxBot 08:22 PM
Are you trying to activate 45 days after purchase?

Faustina Smith 08:22 PM
No

FoxBot 08:22 PM
Let me hand you off to a human, who can better assist you, first I'll just collect a little information before I do:

FoxBot 08:22 PM
What is your activation code?

Faustina Smith 08:22 PM
I just inserted the MINT SIM card and turned on my phone. But it won't let me make calls! Help!

FoxBot 08:22 PM
What's your ICCID? (long number ending in F, on the back of the sim card)

Faustina Smith 08:23 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxF

FoxBot 08:23 PM
Thank you. One moment while I hand this chat off to a human.
You have been transferred to: Mayra Flores.

Mayra Flores 08:31 PM
Hi Faustina
This is Mayra from Mint Mobile Customer Care. Thanks for reaching out! How can I help you today?

Faustina Smith 08:31 PM
I just put in my MINT SIM card and my phone says "No SIM card. Emergency calls only."

Mayra Flores 08:32 PM
Can I please have a screenshot?

Faustina Smith 08:33 PM
 Of what? and how would i do that?

Mayra Flores 08:34 PM
No worries , let me access your account, Can i have your number?

Faustina Smith 08:35 PM
Where would I find that number in the paperwork that came with the kit? is it MTxxxxxx ?

Mayra Flores 08:36 PM
The phone number you got when you activate the sim card please
Did you activate the sim card?

Faustina Smith 08:38 PM
I never got the message that asked for the number. All I got was the message that "No SIM card detected."
Okay, I just took it apart and reinserted the SIM card. Maybe it was upside down. It fits the entire space now, instead of stopping short of the end.

Mayra Flores 08:40 PM
Great news! do you have service now?

Faustina Smith 08:40 PM
Ok, I just turned the phone back on and had a voice mail from MINT.
Still have not had anything ask for the activation code.
should i call 611 and see what happens?

Mayra Flores 08:41 PM
you need to download the mint app and activate the sim card

Faustina Smith 08:42 PM
I do not have a smart phone that uses those. I have an Alcatel GO Flip 3.

Mayra Flores 08:42 PM
If you like I can activate for you
Can I please have your ACT code?

Faustina Smith 08:42 PM
Yes, please!
Axxx xxxx xxxxE

Mayra Flores 08:43 PM
Thank you, can I please have your IMEI?

Faustina Smith 08:43 PM
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Mayra Flores 08:43 PM
Thank you one minute please
Can I please have your zip code?

Faustina Smith 08:44 PM
31404

Mayra Flores 08:45 PM
Do you want to get a new number or transfer a number?

Faustina Smith 08:45 PM
transfer a number

Mayra Flores 08:47 PM
Can I have the next information
Previous carrier
phone number you want to transfer
account number
pin
billing zip code

Faustina Smith 08:48 PM
T-Mobile   - phone number to transfer 912-xxx-xxxx - acct # 5xxxxxxxx - pin xxxxx9 - billing zip 31404

Mayra Flores 08:49 PM
Thank you one minute please
T-mobile prepaid or just T-mobile?

Faustina Smith 08:50 PM
just T-mobile
They unlocked my phone on Monday, 26 Sept 2022.

Mayra Flores 08:51 PM
Sorry it is saying the account number is invalid

Faustina Smith 08:51 PM
xxxxxxxxxx4

Mayra Flores 08:52 PM
Thank you one minute please
Can I please have your first and last name also an email?

Faustina Smith 08:55 PM
Faustina Smith f-----------@comcast.net

Mayra Flores 08:57 PM
Please hang on for a moment while I look into this for you.

Faustina Smith 09:01 PM
I keep getting texts from "6700", but they are confusing. It gave me a new temporary phone number and welcomed me to the MINT family, said my transfer to my real phone number is underway. It doesn't seem to understand anything I reply back.

Mayra Flores 09:04 PM
In this case please stay pending of your email and text as you will be notified once the transfer is complete, in the mean time you can use your temporary number 9122102269 and this password Mintxxx$ to login your account
 
Faustina Smith 09:05 PM
And where is my account? You mean to login online to my new MINT account?

Mayra Flores 09:06 PM
it seems your pin is incorrect , the transfer cannot complete
yes correct

Faustina Smith 09:07 PM
My PIN on my T-Mobile account? I know that is correct, as I set it this morning. PIN is xxxx9

Mayra Flores 09:08 PM
Do you have another pin?

Faustina Smith 09:14 PM
For T-Mobile? I do not. I did not even know I had a PIN with them until Monday when the MINT rep was working to get my phone unlocked.

Mayra Flores 09:14 PM
Can you please follow the steps on the photo

Faustina Smith 09:18 PM
You realize I have been online with you for almost an hour. I was on the phone with MINT for 45 minutes on Monday. I don't understand why this is taking so long.

Mayra Flores 09:19 PM
I apologize but we cannot process the transfer if the pin is incorrect

Faustina Smith 09:19 PM
And I don't know what photo you are referring to. You mean the png that says to call T-Mobile about my pin? And then how long will I be online trying to get my phone to work?
The PIN is NOT incorrect.

Mayra Flores 09:21 PM
The system show it is

Faustina Smith 09:21 PM
Okay, please hang on. I am calling T-mobile to see what their problem is.

Mayra Flores 09:22 PM
Sure no problem

Faustina Smith 09:26 PM
Well, here's a weird thing. When they asked me to input my PIN, I typed xxxx9 and it was accepted. I am now waiting for their rep to talk to me about a passcode to transfer my phone number to Mint.

Mayra Flores 09:26 PM
Hmmm.... let me know what they say please
please

Mayra Flores 09:33 PM
Just refreshing do the chat does not close

Faustina Smith 09:34 PM
Thanks. Still waiting for their rep.

Mayra Flores 09:35 PM
Sure no problem

Faustina Smith 09:39 PM
okay, they are on the line

Mayra Flores 09:39 PM
Thank you

Faustina Smith 09:42 PM
ok, apparently the pin on the acct w them is not the same as a transfer pin. they are generating that now.

Mayra Flores 09:42 PM
Got it, thank you

Faustina Smith 09:47 PM
8xxxxx9

Mayra Flores 09:48 PM
Thank you one minute please
transfer is in progress

Faustina Smith 09:50 PM
hooray!!!
Oh, yeah! Just got a text from Mint that says my phone number has been successfully transferred!

Mayra Flores 09:52 PM
Great news ! that is what i also see on my end 😊
Can you only restart your phone to make sure everything works fine
 As for the moment, is there anything else I can assist you with?
You are very welcome 😉
Thank you for being part of mint mobile and have a nice rest of the day.
Also on the top of this chat, there is a survey.
IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A THUMBS UP I will greatly appreciate it 🙏

Faustina Smith 09:56 PM
No, that's all I was trying to do. Thanks for your help and your patience.

Mayra Flores 09:57 PM
It was my pleasure
Faustina, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today and for choosing Mint Mobile. Have a great rest of your day!

Faustina Smith 09:57 PM
Thank you!

*****
You rated our customer service as good.
You left the following comment: She was so very patient with me - so glad to know I am part f the MINT family!
You have closed the chat.
Was your inquiry resolved during the chat?
Yes
*****
 
Well, I had known this was going to take some time, but I had not realized how much.
However... was it worth saving FORTY DOLLARS A MONTH?
Yes, it most def was.
Most def.
So glad I finally decided to put the time in for this.
I've been considering the change for at least six months.
Sometimes, it just takes a while to gear up for a major change.
Change can be scary.
But... I really like that it gave me a sailor motif for the fox.
Right place, right time for this sea change.

No comments: