Friday, September 30, 2022

whaddaya mean, the cinemas are closed?

Well, they are.
All three of them.
Not closed for good, just closed yesterday and today.
They'll be open again tomorrow, but that doesn't help me now.
I'm accustomed to going to a matinee on Fridays, and that was not possible.
I know, "waah, waah, waah".
First world problem.
Needing to get out of the house and DO something, anything, I went to CVS.
Hey, why not?
I had some Extra Bucks - eight of them, in fact - burning a hole in my pocket.
(smile!)
Boy, oh, boy, I am so glad I went!
Not just because I needed to get out and feel like I was going somewhere, though that did help.
I had a nice drive to the CVS at the juncture of Victory Drive and President Street, so that was at least thirty minutes in fresh air, round trip.
That really did me some good.
But the total bill at the end did me some good, too!
Through judicious use of those bucks, as well as a "40% off one item" coupon and good perusal of the sales, I saved more than I spent!
See?
I saved 52% of the total!
And that amount, $22.21, doesn't include the amount I saved on taxes.
That's an additional $1.55.
Hey, hey!!!
And just how did that work out?
Well, I bought something I need (Always pantiliners), which were on sale at "buy one, get one 50% off", which normally cost $8.99 each.
Total expenditure for the two boxes, including savings from the Extra Bucks: $10.13 - nice!
Then, one of my favorite cereals, the Kellogg's Vanilla Almond flakes, were on sale as BOGO, and they normally run $5.59 each.
Total expenditure for the two boxes, including savings from the Extra Bucks: $4.35 - sweet!
Plus, they had one 4-pack of the plant-based Ensure, vanilla, at $12.99.
With the 40% off coupon, and savings from the Extra Bucks, I paid only $5.86 for that - what a steal!
Yeah, I feel pretty good about that.
(smile!)
And writing about it makes me feel like I've accomplished something today, even if it was a just a small shopping trip.
Tomorrow, at high noon, I'll be going to Georgetown, helping Dawn get her house decorated for their annual BYOP party.
My outlaw Bunny is to be there, too, as well as several other helping hands.
Sounds like a party!
Hooray!
(smile!)

No comments: