Saturday, September 24, 2022

new hope in my yard

Remember how sad and raggedy my oleander had looked?

Well, this time when I passed by to take out the trash, I saw this!

New growth!!!

That one branch is the only one I was able to save, and now it is gracing me with its thanks!

Hooray!

So, what else is new out front?

Well, that dragonfly I like so much is back!

Actually, I doubt it's the same exact insect, right?

Even though it has prehistoric kin, most of these lovely creatures live for only five weeks or less.

So, that means this delightful beast is visiting for the first time in its life.

But, get this: see that pose it's struck on the brick step?

Well, all its ancestors have posed there, too!

They must think of my house as their home!

So, just why was I still at home at 4 PM?

Why hadn't I gone off to a movie?

And since I hadn't gone to a matinee, why didn't I go to Bowties Barbeque to join Barbara and Carolyn at 4:40?

Mostly it was because of this package.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't look very important.

Nor does it look like it might contain treasure.

But it is and it does.

Without it, if the arrhythmia returns and I have a stroke, this bag's contents will keep my blood from clotting, helping me stay alive.

Yeah, it was well worth waiting until almost 5:30 PM for it.

However, another reason I didn't go to the restaurant is I already have pulled pork a-plenty.

Between the fundraiser for the church youth, and Smitty bringing me beef brisket that he'd smoked, I'm sittin' pretty with barbequed meats.

But I will be joining them for the 6:15 PM screening of "Railway Children", which is out behind Savannah Mall.

I need to get it in gear...

and get on outta here!

Just a bit of poetry...

before I flee!

(smile!)

No comments: