Saturday, September 3, 2022

michiganders in the 'vannah!

The best thing about long holiday weekends?

Seeing folks from out of town!

Jeff and Amy were in Savannah because... well, as the ex put it, "stupid cheap air fares made it ridiculous not to go!"

Seriously!

Plus, they had 'free' lodging at TRYP, too.

All the more reason to fly south and take in events they couldn't get back home!

Oh, and visit with me, too, and other folks.

(smile!)

They spoiled me rotten, I must admit... and I loved every bit of it!

They even picked me up, so I wouldn't have to deal with parking - how 'bout that?

Then we dined at The Crystal Beer Parlor, a place I used to frequent on Monday evenings after class, to play trivia with the Liquor Posse and others.

This time, I tried something new: the shrimp salad sandwich.

Yeah, I seem to be on a kick with those lately!

Actually, I find myself eating shrimp in whatever form this year: grilled, or boiled, or fried, or even on a skewer - yum, yum, yum for all, I say!

We had such a good time talking and catching up that we found ourselves having to rush in the drizzle for the matinee at Club One!

This was the premiere of "Rockabye", the first work of many to come from Sushi Soucy... and just in time for his/their 20th birthday.

The Lovecraft-flavored musical has teen musicians stuck with an outerspace babysitting gig and features a cast of mixed-gendered young people.

Amy got meet the playwright's talented dad, Chris, from whom she got part of her writing and musical talent.

Aunt JinHi was there, too, as well as Lynita and Monica from trivia days and A-frame parties.

Plus, my friends Patrick and Sarah - from the years of JavaFlix - had driven up from Jacksonville.

So good to see so many I love, all in one place!

After the play, Amy had bought tickets for another show for us three: "Top Secret" with Front Porch Improv!

This is a scene from my favorite skit, "late-night call-in talk radio", with the ditsy duo responding to 'callers' reading the audience's play slips - very funny!

But I also liked the skit where everyone died - lol!

Shades of a favorite from years ago that Odd Lot did for their favorite Korean for his birthday!

Afterward, we left the sold-out house to wander back to midtown.

They have a "surprise 60th birthday" breakfast with Andy and his wife, Sheryl, in the morning, then they venture back to Jacksonville for some leisure time.

Monday, they'll be on a silver Allegiant bird, flying north by northwest.

Hmm... seems like there should be a song about that somewhere!

(smile!)

And me?

Spoiled rotten, I tell ya... and loving every bit of it!

(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

Lillian Rose Soucy.

I had tried to recall what the playwright's birth name was.
I had the first name, but could not recollect the middle.

And why had it finally come to me?
Well, I had remembered seeing the name on a store on Beach Street in Daytona, many years ago, when the child was barely a toddler.
I had thought it pretty cool and shared the news with Chris and Kelly the next time I'd seen them.
That would have been in 2003 or 2004, I guess, as the baby was born in 2002.
What a blast from the past.

https://www.lillianrose.com/




faustina said...

Woot woot!!!

"Rockabye" is now available to watch on youTube!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkcniSL8TI

Thanks, Thomas Houston, for posting about this on fb!