Sunday, September 11, 2022

why i was late to church

Really, truly, most sincerely...
it was the butterfly's fault.
 
How could I possible be expected 
to go on about my business 
after i spotted it?
 
Even though I was well aware
that I was running late...
I had to stop in my tracks.
 
For a moment, I simply watched.
Then I fumbled out my phone...
perhaps, just perhaps...
I'd be able to catch a clear shot.

Ah!

The late morning sun made it
impossible to see the image on the screen.
 
I would have to point and shoot,
hoping for the best.


And, wondrously, I got it.

The perfect shot that 
I never could have captured 
on my own.
 
Such beautiful color in the monarch,
with the beast in a perfect pose,
sipping nectar from the wild lantana
on the side of my porch steps.
 
i thank You, God.

No comments: