Sunday, September 11, 2022

george carlin would have been so pleased!

"Why would you say such a thing?"

Because he's the one who came up with the 7 words you can't say over the airwaves!

"Yeah, but you know very well that anything goes in movies, especially on cable channels."

True, but this wasn't on anything like that. It was on two game shows! On network tv!!!

"I find that highly improbable, g'friend."

Find it however you want, it happened! And I have proof!!! I took a photo!!! And if I had realized what was going on in the second show, I would have had my camera ready again!

"On network tv, you say? Like, really late at night?"

Surprisingly, no! The first show aired at 8 PM and the other was right after it. And get this: both were on the same channel!!!

"And someone said one or more of Carlin's 7 words?"

Not only said it, but it appeared in print!!! That's why I was able to snap the photo!

"Okay, okay. Show me this so-called proof. Stop pussyfooting around."

Hahaha! You said one of the words!

"Incorrect. 'Pussy', as part of the adverb 'pussyfooting', is not in Carlin's list."

No? Let me see that group of words again... hmmm... it appears you are right.

"Of course I'm right. One of his words is my favorite curse word, though I must admit to being tempted to use the altered version uttered by Samuel L. Jackson in that "The Legend Of Hank" kid flick."

You mean "mother father cocker spaniel"? Yeah, I just love that one!!! And it has such a great flow off the tongue... much like the 7 words in Carlin's routine!

"Sure, sure, that's why he listed them in that order. They're certainly not in order of severity. And I'm still awaiting your photo of proof that one of his words was on tv."

Well... about that... I've realized that it wasn't in the list after all. I guess I thought it must have been given the reaction the word got from the hosts on both shows. Okay, so here's the snapshot.

"That looks familiar. That's Steve Harvey's show, right?"

Yes, it is. This is "Celebrity Family Feud" and he had two teams of comedians playing for charity. A woman named Sabrina was the first one up in the money round, so those answers on the left are hers.

"Okay. So, pimple, pepperming, six, house, dick... oh, wow! No, that's not one of Carlin's 7, but it certainly gets your attention."

I tell you, I thought Steve Harvey was going into shock! The question was "What is a nickname for a man named Richard?" And when she popped up with "Dick", justthatfast, Steve had given her a look like she had gotten away with a dirty word. It was truly hilarious! And he hadn't wanted to repeat her answer for the person running the scoreboard! Truly, very funny! And then her male teammate popped out "Dick", too, when he was asked the question for his turn! Hilarious!!! Steve had given him "that look", too!

"Well, at least poor Steve didn't have to repeat it that time. The answer had already been given so the player had to choose something else."

The guy was so flummoxed by Steve's reaction and the sound of the buzzer that he used "Richard" as his second guess! Hahaha! Delightful!

"Indeed! We'll have to catch it when it gets repeated!"

That's right! And we'll have to catch "The $100,000 Pyramid" on its rerun, too! That came on at 9 PM, right after and on the same channel. I do hope ABC won't try to censor the shows!

"I doubt they will, given that the response is legit for the question asked. It's all about context, wouldn't you think?"

I hope so! Michael Strahan had looked a little shocked, too, when "Dick" came up as one of the answers for "First Names of Presidents and Vice-Presidents". The young contestant giving the clues was too young to think of "Nixon" to help her team guess it. Michael suggested that she might have tried "Moby"... and everyone knew it was "Dick" then!

"I can sense that you're having fun with me on this one. Getting in a little pun, eh?"

Hey, every chance I get! Now, I need to boot scoot along! Bye!

"Off with your bad self, then. LOL!"

No comments: