Wednesday, September 21, 2022

no wns for me

Last week I had barely made it in time.
Wednesday night suppers have resumed at Asbury Memorial, for the first time since the pandemic began in this country.
Here's the thing, though: they're serious about the meal being done by 6:30 PM.
I arrived at 6:20 and they were putting away the food already.
Seriously.
So, I got my chicken tetrazzini meal 'to go" and took it home.
Nice that I still got some blueberry crisp and a nice salad along with it.
Just $7 for a meal I didn't have to make, so that was good!
Still, I had looked forward to sharing dinner with others.
I'm trying to be more present at the church, right?
So, I'd looked forward to tonight, with plans to be there by 5:30, at the meal's start, for a bit of camaraderie and food someone else prepared.
Well, it didn't happen.
Wait, let me clarify: the company part didn't happen.
I still got a meal that I didn't cook - in fact, I'll end up with several meals from this one, so that's a real bonus - but that didn't get me to the church on time.
I was waiting for medications to arrive in the mail, which is usually here by 4.
For whatever reason, the 'arrival by' time changed from 4:45 to 7:15, so here I sat.
 
They actually got here just before 6:30, so, in that regard, they were 'early'.
No worries: I took myself out to dinner anyway!!!
Texas Roadhouse had sent a coupon for my 2-year anniversary in their loyalty club.
That meant I could have a free sidekick of ribs with whatever meal I ordered!
I almost didn't stay, though.
There was a 15- to 25-minute wait for a table and I was hoping to get to the cinema to top off my A*List.
But, as I waited, a familiar song started up...
and I found myself singing and moving along with "Boot Scootin' Boogie", remembering that concert with 'sister' Laura - no coincidence!
Right place, right time!
(smile!)
Usually, I select the Country Vegetables Plate, but, I'm still on a shrimp craze, right?
Bloody well right, as Supertramp would say!!!
So I ordered the Grilled Shrimp, which gave me two skewers with five lovely shrimp on each!
Plus, I had this huge garden salad as one of my sides, as well as the rice that came with the shrimp.
The baked sweet potato and the half-rack of ribs went home with me!
So did two of the four rolls.
Oh, yeah!
(smile!)
Now, let's get off to that movie, shall we?
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Yes, indeed, I managed to get three more meals from those leftovers!
The two rolls went for a variation on a Canadian bacon and cheddar sandwich - very nice!
The ribs were served up straight from the fridge, alongside a sliced Gala apple to a bit of crisp!
Then for tonight's dinner, I took that plain backed sweet potato and mashed it, sans skin, with some milk and applesauce, heated it up, and then poured it over Special K's new 'pumpkin spice' cereal... oh, my, so very good!
I may have to get another box of that cereal to keep on hand for a rerun of this meal - so super easy and filling!