Saturday, September 10, 2022

of hair and hare!

"Oh, let me guess! You watched cartoons, didn't you?"

I did, I did! I did watch cawtoons this mowning!

"Hahahaha! Was it Tweety bird?"

Gotcha! No, it wasn't with that little yellow sweetie. There may have been one of those on during the 9 AM set, but I wasn't up in time for them. I just barely managed to catch the last one!

"I see! It's Bugs Bunny! But what's up with him? He looks old."

That's because he is old!!! In "Old Grey Hare", with appropriate music, Elmer Fudd recounts the many years of his contretemps with the rabbit, from their infancy up to their golden years, with white whiskers and plenty of wrinkles. Very funny!

"I'm glad it started your day off on the right note!"

Good pun! You must have looked up "The Old Gray Mare", didn't you? You rascal, you!

"I just couldn't help myself! I felt a pun was in order!"

Hey, IMHO, a pun is always in order. (smile!)

"And so you had to go for the photo op?"

You betcha! And bet you can't guess what I've titled it.

"You really have a title for the picture?"

I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Oh, how about I give you a clue? There's a dance song from Kool & The Gang that inspired my title!

"Yeah, I don't know that it helps much."

Oh, come on! You have to sing along, and be sure to bounce and twirl when you do! Do it with me now! 'Holly-w-o-o-o-od, Hollywood swinging!'

"Hence, the title is 'Holly-w-o-o-o-od hair'?" 

Absofrickinlutely! Just look at that gorgeous ripple of gray curving its way down, there on the left side of my face - gorgeous, I tell ya!

"I grant you that. It is quite striking."

Yep, I like it more and more all the time. Being a movie extra has only enhanced my love of the gray. Nadia did such a good job of making sure it showed!

"Indeed she did! Accenting that part of Mama in you made both of you so happy!"

I agree! It made sure Mama had a piece of my action on the set! Then again, that gray could just as well be from Daddy. His hair stayed mostly dark underneath, like mine. That rick darkness was a real surprise to the hairdresser! So, I think of the silver striping as being from Mama and the dark bed as a gift from Daddy.

"I like that. You've always had a bit from both parents running through your veins."

Hey, literally. That's why my blood is AB. I forget which had A and which had B, but I got the mix of the two.

"I'm not sure that's quite how that works..."

Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking with it! Me and my Holly-w-o-o-o-od hair!

"LOL! Fine, fine! But, hey, one question: Didn't you wear that shirt last week?"

Ummm... yes... but it isn't dirty, and it doesn't smell, and I'll be seeing folks tonight who haven't yet seen me in it, so that's okay. Wait, I take that back. Christina and her girls saw it on Monday when I was with them, and they'll be at the gathering this evening. Still, I feel safe in assuming that she won't remember what I wore. Her brain was in "Mom mode" and concentrating on the kids.

"I see. So, who else has seen you in it recently?"

Well, Jeff and Amy did. Plus, Barbara and Sandy and Kaye did, when we went to "Quilters". Then there was the play date at the mall. Oh, and the folks at the Eisenhower cinema, when I saw "Nope" on Friday, plus those at the Shawnee cinema on Sunday, for the Star Trek film, then on Wednesday and Thursday for the rest of my A*List movies.

"And those were?"

"Honk For Jesus. Save Your Soul." and "The Invitation". The first was a mockumentary about a documentary that was supposed to show the comeback of a megachurch minister that had lost his congregation, save for a handful of stalwarts, when he'd been sued for sexual misconduct. This was yet another movie that the previews got wrong. Don't those in advertising ever watch things all the way through?

"Highly unlikely. They gotta get to happy hour, dudette!"

That must be why they labeled that movie a comedy. So wrong, so very wrong. But a good movie, especially as it was taken from the wife's eyes. Definitely a good movie.

"And what about that last one? Wasn't that a horror flick?"

Well, so it was billed. Actually, it was a 'monster romance', and you know how I enjoy those. Especially if you throw in a few vampires! But I think what I liked most was the twist at end. As I told Dexter, the usher, afterward, that reminded me very much of a movie from what I thought was last year. All I recalled was that it was about a new bride who went to the in-law's house, where the custom was to all play a game together and the one she drew from the hat was 'hide and seek'. So he looked it up on his hip computer (aka 'smart phone') and guess when it was?

"Two years ago?"

Three years, almost exactly. I'd seen it with Kevin, after Hurricane Dorian. It was his turn to pick and "Ready Or Not", as the movie was actually titled, was the one chosen. I ended up finding it 'deliciously funny', and not so much a horror film as a thriller.

"And had Dexter seen it?"

He had not! But he assured me that it was going onto his list! He and I seem to share a taste for thrillers and so he appreciated this older lady for recommending a 'new' one for him. He's seen "Nope" a time or two, too. Nice, right?

"Definitely! Good to know you're interacting more with others. That's good for you!"

 Most def! And I'll have more of that tonight, and more hugs! Hooray! Oh, my, is that the time? I gotta get a move on, g'friend!

"Later!!! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

Quite right! (smile!)

No comments: