Saturday, December 23, 2023

3 musketeers, 2 turtle guys...

Sounds like some new variation on the song, doesn't it?
I wish that it were!
It would just take me too long to figure out the other ten days at this point in time, so that will have to wait until perhaps another Christmas.
One of the phrases was uttered this morning.
 

We'd had breakfast at Sunnyside Up, just down the street, at 8 AM.
Yes, early for me, but that qualified as a late morning for Scott and the two Michiganders!
I asked all to hold up outside so I could get a commemorative photograph -
not that I used those specific words, but let's not quibble over details -
and Amy pulled out her phone.
"Let's get a photo of the Three Musketeers," she said.
And that's what we did!
Then Jeff and Amy hopped into their vehicle and headed south!
 

The other phrase was one I'd texted to my first niece when I sent her the above photo.
Jeff and Amy had graciously agreed to pick me up last night for the dinner in Pooler, so I wouldn't have to drive back in the dark.
Andy and Sheryl met us at The Crown And Anchor Pie Society, at our table in a private area near the lovely aquarium.
All very nice, and rather British, as a high end pub should be.
I'd snapped several photos during dinner, of us, of my Peking Duck Fries, of their food, and, of course, of the tiny clownfish getting its back rubbed by the live coral.
Did I mention that it was a saltwater tank?
Anyway, after I got home, I sent the photo to Christina.
To remind her who Andy was, I told her he and Jeff both worked at Turtle Records, once upon a time, and had known each other about 35 years, close as I could recall.
I was actually surprised that she knew that music store!

35 years.
That's a long time to know someone.
That makes them "chosen family" more so than "just friends".
Jeff and I have known each other since 1991, so that's 32 years.
Yes, he is definitely family, and has been for quite some time.
Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to take Amy's advice and go back to sleep.
The sugar rush from those pancakes has run its course!
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

In 1993, Turtle's Records & Tapes were all converted to Blockbuster Music stores.
Neither chain exists today, as almost all of the Blockbuster stores were closed by 2014... save one lone outpost in Bend, Oregon.
Ah, the sands of time wash clear so new structures can arise!
(smile)