Sunday, December 31, 2023

fawesome film festival for fine finish!

I've found another free movie channel that I like: fawesome.tv.
Like Tubi, it doesn't run 'mercials at me every five minutes.
That's fabulous!
It was one of the four featured this week On Demand, so I gave it a whirl.
I'm glad I did, as I haven't heard of any of the trio I gathered there!
 

The first was almost thirty years old, drawing me in with its cover art.
"A Norman Rockwell Christmas Movie", from 1995, had developed a story around the famous painting of an old gent gleefully skating on a frozen pond as a boy watched.
The skater was the owner of a famous chain of toy stores; the boy was the "man of the house" until his father came home from the Korean War.
They strike up a friendship after meeting on the pond, the boy with the absent dad and the man whose son had died in World War II.
It truly is a beautiful little movie!
Did I say "little" movie"?
That's because it isn't even an hour long.
None of the three in this Fawesome Film Festival hit 60 minutes, which was nice.
That second one, "A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong", struck me as something that "The Young Ones" might have tried to do, had the four guys been a hodgepodge theatrical troupe.
I laughed and laughed at the 2017 farce, as one klutz kept trying to steal the role of Scrooge while the poor guy playing Cratchit had to have his lines written all around so he could read them aloud, as his memory was that poor.
Oh! That must have been an inside joke!
Yes?
Funniest, though, was the hapless prop guy in the "Duran Duran" shirt, who kept landing on stage when he shouldn't have been!
Very funny!!!
Then I finished up with a concert film from 1987, "Stevie Nicks: Live At Red Rocks".
It was at a bad time in her life, with her body fairly listless and her voice rasped out and her brain on fire from cocaine.
Still, the setting was gorgeous!
Plus, I like her songs, so it was a good choice for me.
What a nice way to end 2023, as the fireworks pop all around my neighborhood!
Yes, even though midnight is still a bit off!
(smile!)

No comments: