Thursday, December 7, 2023

at 7 on the 7th at the bbj with boo!

Ya gotta know I just loved it when they changed the start time!

"When who did what, dear?"

Rambam Day School's play this season had a conflict with the basketball team's schedule, so instead of the original 6:30 PM start, they delayed it 30 minutes. I very nearly jumped for joy when Barbara texted me with the news! She wouldn't have gotten that inside joke I have with the Universe.

"I know all about that love you have for "Bruce Almighty". Good flick! What was the play?"


It was a musical, incorporating Jewish lore with a field trip to a museum for a history lesson. "Am Yisrael Chai: A Chanukah Night In The Museum" used an ancient song as the unifying feature. The play had several characters to bolster the message that the Jewish people will survive bad times. There was the Pharaoh, complaining about the plagues that beset Egypt, leading to the tradition of Pesach; Esther standing up to Hasam, leading to the tradition of Purim; the Maccabees reclaiming the temple, leading to the tradition of Chanukah; with the last being wailers at the Western Wall. And there were Krispy Kreme doughnuts afterward!

"Lol! Yes, that's part of the tradition of these plays, isn't it?"

Most definitely! Another is mi amiga getting to visit with some of her former students. I know she always looks forward to that part.

"Very nice!"

It was! In fact, the entire day has been filled with very nice events for me. It started with my near hour-long visit with Elizabeth Carley. Yeah, I know it's really an "appointment with the nutritionist", but we have such good talks! My weight was up, due to my fractious fall season, and it was so good to talk out all that with her. My goals until March are to use portion control, have smaller meals, and devise a nighttime routine in my peaceful sunroom.

"That all makes sense to me. Good to know she and her boyfriend are married now."


I know! And afterward I went to Aldi's and bought apples and Brussels sprouts, and then... stopped at AAA South for their Holiday Open House! Lol! 'Tis the season!

"... to munch out on cookies, you mean! Good thing this was after the appointment."

Hey, I only chose four of the sweet treats, and didn't eat all of that. So, yeah for me!


"I agree. Having treats in moderation is good for everyone. So what else did you have?"

I came home from the play to find dancing on PBS! They were airing Anthony Williams' "Urban Nutcracker" and it had just started!!! Hiphop, tap, ballroom, all manner of dances were incorporated in this version. Plus, there were dancing dolls I'd never seen in the live performances I've attended. Very nice!!!


"What a sweet find for you!! Hope you get to watch it again!"

Me, too. I very much liked the dance between Mother Goose and The Cop! He helped her keep her eight goslings from getting lost, even ushering them off the stage!

"Yeah, yeah, no, I don't recall that in the other variations of this ballet!"

Right? Quite innovative, and certainly urban. Now, I have to go! Comet TV is giving me two episodes of "The X-Files" that I like, so I'm going to watch for a change. "Agua Mala" is one I haven't seen often, but "Monday" is one I watch every time it airs. Later!!!

No comments: