Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas with brothers and others!

Let's start local, then bop around in the southeastern states, shall we?
(smile!)
We had our gathering at Tony and Laura's this year.
There's Noah, at the left edge of the photo, trying to ease on out of view.
Nope, that didn't work!
Laura was slicing up her spinach-artichoke bomb...
and what a blast of flavor that was!!!
I just may have to try to make that.
(smile!)
I was at the opposite end of the table, with Smitty right beside me.
Mary is on the right side of the table and of Smitty.
But, kindly notice what's on Smitty's plate so as to fully appreciate the feast today!
Twice-baked cheesy potato...
a big bowl of salad with artichoke hearts...
a slice of Laura's bomb bread...
a gorgeous slice of perfectly cooked roast beast...
and a half-dozen plump, pink, boiled shrimp!
That's right!
We had surf and turf for Christmas!!!
So wonderfully delicious!!!
Even the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who would have been totally enchanted by the spread before us!
And later there was fresh-baked peach pie!!!
Yum!!!
I sent a photo of our celebration into the ether...
and received one in return!
That's my blue-sky Penny in that festive shirt, with her hubby of 25 years, Steve, in purple!
Aunt Linda, soon to be 84, is seated and in the center of this family.
Then, those are the young squires, Alex in blue and his older brother Jacob, with Jacob's girlfriend of some few years.
My guess is this was taken before the meal - right?
All the plates are clean and empty!
That photo came from Tallahassee, Florida.
This next one also hails from Florida, but on the east coast.
Jeff and Amy came down from Saint Helen for a holiday away from winter, over in Saint Augustine.
LOL!
From one Saint to another!
Here, they're having a pajama party with some friends, all in matching holiday outfits!
Such a fun idea, Amy!!!
(smile!)
And now for one from over in Alabama!
I don't know if this one was staged or pure serendipity, but I just love it.
The little LEGO Christmas tree was built from a kit I sent to Conner for his gift this year.
Very cute, right?
But what I love is the framed picture behind it.
It truly gladdened my heart to see it.
That's Conner and Merritt, respectively, standing to either side of Gnate the Gnat.
That photograph has to be at least 8 years old...
and Merritt looks to be about 9 or 10.
Conner would have to be about 7 or 8.
How can I say that for sure?
Well, my beloved Sand Gnats have been gone since September of 2015.
What a flashback in time!
And here's another one!
Want to take a guess what my age was when "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" first aired?
I was 8 years old.
Nice coincidence, n'est-ce pas?
That just shows me I'm in the right place, right time.
I've just gotten home from down the street and this had just started on one of the channels I get.
And afterward is the Jim Carrey version, with him as the Grinch.
Very nice!

1 comment:

faustina said...

May of 2013.
That's when the Beaufort boys went to the baseball game with me.
So, Merritt was 7 and Conner was 5.
Wow!